Downgrade. from TP2.6 to TP2.5... how to

Default Downgrade. from TP2.6 to TP2.5... how to

Im going to google it after dinner actually but i wanted to know if someone here, who already has done this successfully can leave their answer.

I am one of those random people who is having heavy load on my laptop since the upgrade from 2.5 to 2.6 Traktor Pro.

Later tonight ill be setting up my machine for Dual Booting just for traktor usage, and obviously ill boot that way when i do a gig
    but
    Firstly... i want to drop things down to 2.5 again so.

How do you do it (correctly)

I can always do an uninstall, and just install 2.5 (if i can find my 2.5 installation file)

or i can just setup my laptop for dualboot,
    power up the OS in the alternate environment
    and install traktor in there
    (nice and tidy in its own little space ya know?)

Tech Guru

C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Traktor 2\Backup\ ........its all still there. Just make an icon shortcut on your desktop screen

Tech Mentor

yeah should be under that backup folder he posted.

hmmm ufortunatly that doesnt apply in my case
    i have this

"C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Traktor 2
    in there is the Traktor Pro.exe file
    and a folder called DOCUMENTATION

the only place i have a FOLDER called BACKUP is here

C:\Users\** my user name**\Documents\Native Instruments\Traktor 2.6.0\Backup

However inside that BACKUP folder are two other folders
    Collection
    Settings

none of the contents of either of those folders have anything to do with Traktor 2.5 version

I jjust checked through my entire system and it seems Traktor 2.5 is completely removed when 2.6 is installed

any other ideas? Think i missed something?

Tech Mentor

yeah i was just searching as well a bit ago to make sure i had a backup and theres nothing either. and yeah i have to go to documents/nativeinstruments/XXXXXXXXXXXX

and i get those 2 same folders. i remember seeing somewhere on here on DJTT someone posted on where the file is located and it shows like all the old Setup Install wizard files of whichever previous versions youve had.

may have to search that traktor 2.6 thread thats kinda long and may be in there... i know i saw it recently.

Tech Mentor

looks like if you go to NI site and login you can download and previous version you own in your account since sign up.

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...t=back+version

see if that works.

seems to have worked
    i needed to go through quite a few steps to get to the downlaods i needed from NI but i have it installed (2.5)
    tested out the remix decks and thats all good too, even by sampling loops from full tracks on A and B.

Ok now, lets see if i can find a mapping for the MF3D that triggers all the efx including super combos but works for the TPro 2.5

i think i was using Ean's Midi Fighter 3D Mapping to do this but that was for 2.6