x1 simple map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: x1 simple map

Tech Wizard

Default x1 simple map

OK I need to map my x1 in MIDI mode. Just two simple things. I want the dry wet knobs(top 2 knobs) to control pitch adjustment so that I can manually mix. Either im totally retarded whuch i dont think I am or im just missing something simple. It Will NOT MIDI learn it!!!! Its driving me nuts!! I set it up, generic midi, x1 in and out ports, deck. hit learn turn knob. NOTHING!!!!! Can anyone help a brotha out!!!

Go into the Traktor Controller Editor and check to see what midi message is assigned to that knob and type it in manually to Traktor. Let me know how it goes!
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

Why don't you just load the default mapping and work from there rather than in midi mode? Or map it with shift? Shift plus any of the knobs doesn't do anything in the default mapping
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

Tech Wizard

@ Onotice!! Thanx. I'll try that now. I see your sig says all I need is an x1 and an f1. Thats my set-up too!! Well, I'm trying to make it my only setup. It's rough w/ no eq and the takeover mode thing kinda sucks, unless I'm just doing that wrong. Do u have your stuff all custom mapped? I'm still trying to work my f1 into my sets. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by evolakim View Post
    @ Onotice!! Thanx. I'll try that now. I see your sig says all I need is an x1 and an f1. Thats my set-up too!! Well, I'm trying to make it my only setup. It's rough w/ no eq and the takeover mode thing kinda sucks, unless I'm just doing that wrong. Do u have your stuff all custom mapped? I'm still trying to work my f1 into my sets. Any advice?
    All of my stuff is custom. Never uploaded my X1 Map because it is really customized and not complete. But how I have knobs set up gives me full eq on alll 4 decks. Using modifiers I can push different buttons for eq modes. If you want me to I can upload it.
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/1009

Here is the mapping to help you out with some ideas.
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

Tech Wizard

ya That'd be cool. I'm down to try anything. I came from Ableton and I still produce in Ableton but I'm really trying to get a good rig that I like on Traktor. I had my APC40 mapped to Traktor and it was awesome but it's starting to crap out! I used the shit outta that thing! As of now I play shows w/ an x1, a launchpad and an f1!!! Still though, its not set up how I would like it to be!! An s2 would be awesome but dont got the $$flow ATM..

Tech Wizard

Thanx for the mapping . Im gonna check it out now!! IDK man I tried what u suggested and it is just not working!!! I really suck at mapping in Traktor. Its just so not intuitive at all. All I want is two top knobs to control pitch so I can manually beatmatch!!! I put the MIDI cc in manually, I tried to MIDI learn it and it just aint happening. Really driving me nuts!! I have the seperate controller editor application too. Whats the deal w/ that?

I would make sure you know what midi note and what channel it is, type that sucker right into the controller editor on pitch bend. let me know what is specifically not working.
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

Tech Wizard

Nothing is working!!! When I switch my x1 over to midi mode it will not MIDI learn ANYTHING!!! Is there some setting im missing. And when u say controller editor are you talking about the the controller manager in Traktor preferences or the seperate program, controller editor? I'm sorry for being such a dumb ass about this but its really fucking me up. Im really no good at mapping tractor. lol. Could it maybe be a conflicting mapping?? Also according to the controller editor(separate program) documentation it's cc 44. I want to map the two top knobs on x1 to control pitch bend!! But now that im messing w/ it I cant map ANYThing in mIDI mode. In the documentation the right side top knob says poly press. I have no clue what that means either. grrr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast