How do I hook up 2 CD players to 2 laptops running traktor?
    Tech Mentor

Default How do I hook up 2 CD players to 2 laptops running traktor?

Hi all,

got a gig coming up soon and and having a little technical dilemma
    I know that the club install has 2 CDJ1000 and a pioneer DJM700. I play with another DJ and we both use a laptop and traktor. I use an Audio 10 while he uses an Audio 8 with timecode CD's. The problem is that we don't know how to route the timecode to both interfaces at the same time so we don't have to replug cables any time we want to switch.

I was playing b2b with another dj once who was using a Serato SL1 box and it was no big deal because the SL1 has thru outputs next to the line outputs. But this time I'm pretty clueless as I don't really know the Audio 8

any Ideas?

btw does the audio 8 have a through mode like the audio 10? If so then I can think of a solution
    Last edited by despo; 12-18-2012 at 01:38 PM.

You can try using Y splitter cables to connect both interfaces to the CDJs, but make sure you test this first as it may not work. I've had it working with serato using an SL-2 and an SL-3.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

I'll try that.

But things would be so much easier if he had an audio 10 as well. Then I could simply plug the CDJs into my interface and use Thru mode to get the signal to his soundcard which would then output to the mixer, and when I want to play my music then he would switch to thru while I play music.

That's why I really want to know if the audio 8 can do this, otherwise he would have to switch it to live input. Problem with live input is that it adds his laptop's latency on top of mine :S

Not a cheap solution but a good investment if you play regularly as a duo:
    http://www.magma-bags.com/produkte/switchbox-2-e.php3
    SC | MC

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    You can try using Y splitter cables to connect both interfaces to the CDJs, but make sure you test this first as it may not work. I've had it working with serato using an SL-2 and an SL-3.
    this or how about just using one laptop get your m8 to throw his tracks on to your lappy ?????????? simple things work best !!!