Stanton St-150/Str8-150 teardown/cleanup
    Tech Wizard

Default Stanton St-150/Str8-150 teardown/cleanup

I'm a bit of a lurker here so I thought it was time I got involved.

I have recently purchased a set of Stanton ST-150s, which I'm really I'm love with.

I purchased these after the long age old debate of wether to get the Stantons or Techs. The Stantons won this battle for 2 reasons:

1 Price - 2nd hand off Ebay I got 2 Stantons for the price people were asking for 1 Tech. ($550AUD for the 2 - Cheapest price I saw Techs for at this time was $1200 for a pair!)
    2 Reviews - Several reviews I have seen online by reputable people in the Scratch community have highly recommended these over the Techs, due to their sold build, strong motor and features. Don't get me wrong Techs are great, but Stantons fit the bill better for my situation.

Anyway I'm sure someone will tell me my decision was WRONG, but whatever I'm happy!

The ST150's are great to use and have had no problems with them at all (except cosmetic wear from previous owners - Which is the point of this thread)

Anyway my Stantons have a little wear and tear and I'm a tinkerer so I'm thinking a teardown and powdercoat/paint of the Stantons will be my Xmas project along with a customised DJM 909 which I have also just purchased off ebay.

Heres where the Stantons become a bit of a PITA, teardown info for these is impossible to find through the usual channels. I'm sure it cant be that hard - Consumer electronic products are usually pretty straight forward.

Anyway if anyone has a repair manual for this that would be willing to post it on the forum please do, If not its down to me, some tools and some beer.

If not will post a guide with photos when I do get around to it (next week probably) for all those who have the ST-150's and would like to mod them.

Tech Guru

Sorry I can't help with Stanton's, but if you do it, I would love to see a project thread. Best of luck.

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

Tech Wizard

I took apart one of my ST150s last night and the construction of these is really quiet simple. All components basically screw to the bottom of the top plate of the turntable, tear down should only take about half an hour. So hopefully I'll get some time in the next 2 weeks to pull them both apart and have them powdercoated.

Try searching for the repair manual for the OEM- http://www.hanpin.com.tw/Products/02_DJ-5500.html

If you find it send it my way
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!