Need a Bit of help with my gear.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Need a Bit of help with my gear.

Behringer DDM4000 - UM-1G Soundcard
    Numark NDX900 x2 - built in soundcards
    Win 7 Home 64bit - Quadcore 1.3 8gig ram
    Traktor Pro 2
    ASIO4ALL

I am having a serious issue with latency/Distortion.

By the time i am done my first mix, There is echo and crackling until i move a setting on the ASIO4ALL window which causes the sound to drop for a split second and corrects the sound again.

I am Wondering if anyone have multiple controllers hooked up with ASIO4ALL that can give me some ideas that might help correct this permanently, Maybe some ASIO4ALL Settings. I Would really rather not have to wait till i can get a Macbook to really start posting mixes.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

First, try this

Increasing the latency will correct the issue since you are giving the processor more time to work before it spits audio out.

You don't need a Mac for this, you just need to tinker your system.

Tech Convert

OK i Followed all the instructions there for boostin performance, here is the screenshots of my current setting and OPC latency checker. according to the checker i should be able to run everything in almost real time. I been tinkering with this thing forever and i still cannot get good settings. i am getting so frustrated.

before i post the pics i should mention that when i use multi core support in traktor it takes longer (ive even played for an hour without distortion) for the crackling to start but when i load up songs (even if i used them before) the sound drops out for a split second.

Settings.jpgChecker..jpg
    Win 7 64 Bit
    Traktor Pro 2
    Numark NDX900 x2
    Behringer DDM4000 Mixer

IBM Thinkpad X41 - IBM Thinkpad T60p - Xone 4D - 2x SL1210 - Maschine mk2 white

Tech Convert

Ok tried it all, I have MAX latency set and still cant solve the issue, i need to either live with the audio drop out every time i load a song, or be prepared to drop my audio when i re-open ASIO4all to stop the eventual crackling, this is bullshit, i been trying to get this shit to work for a year now.

I really shouldn't NEED the optimizer, my Specs on my computer are fantastic.

AMD A6-3400 APU 1.4 ghz Quad Core and 8gig of RAM

But, at this point after a year, im about ready to give up and see about buying a mac, its about the only real option i have left

Thanks anyway for the replies.
    Last edited by ShinobiDJ; 11-08-2012 at 11:36 PM.
    Win 7 64 Bit
    Traktor Pro 2
    Numark NDX900 x2
    Behringer DDM4000 Mixer

Try uninstalling ALL of your soundcard drivers, then JUST install ASIO4ALL.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

Ok, tried that, did a complete fresh install of my OS and started over, did not install any of the soundcard drivers and i'm still getting distortion every 10-20 mins. I think i am just going to forget about it, maybe someday if i can ever get my hands on Mac ill work with Traktor again. Until then i am just gonna stick to straight hardware. I will miss beatmasher though.
    Win 7 64 Bit
    Traktor Pro 2
    Numark NDX900 x2
    Behringer DDM4000 Mixer

Your machine is more than capable of running traktor. Stick with it.

After the os re-install, did you optimise for audio? Turn off all unnecessary services? Uninstall IE, etc..?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Convert

I did, i uninstalled Windows Live essentials and everything else. But...

What i am going to do tonight is do a fresh install of my OS and make 2 separate partitions on my drive, 1-200Gig Partition for Music stuff, and 1 440ish gig for my gaming/Social, and if its possible ill try and get someone who would be willing to help me that i can communicate with in real time on skype or something from my desktop while i work on my traktor set up tomorrow.
    Win 7 64 Bit
    Traktor Pro 2
    Numark NDX900 x2
    Behringer DDM4000 Mixer

Try disabling your network adapters in device manager. That's what was causing crackles on my system.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast