Who thinks we'll see Traktor Pro 3 soon? - Page 20
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
    Tech Mentor

I would love motion sequencing like a Korg electribe. maybe a bar or 2 of knob turns and tweaks. Maybe have that built into the loop recorder as recording a loop of automation instead of recording audio. I think Max/msp is calling me.
    Last edited by mrdorianjames; 10-31-2014 at 05:03 PM.
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    I believe one of the reasons these features aren't already in Traktor are because they need to make sure it is optimised heavily to avoid the CPU hogging issue.

Traktor can be run on pretty weak PCs though, bear in mind. The majority of it's problems stem from driver incompatibilities.
    Currently I don't think traktor has many "problems." It runs fine for me, with 2 track decks, a remix deck, and the occasional effect. I'd hate for them to go add warping, automation, the ability to talk to animals, a back scratcher, 42 synths, and a partridge in a pair tree, and suddenly have to have absurd latencies or absolutely top shelf hardware just to be able to do what now works without any audio pops.

Not that I don't think any of that stuff would be useful, I'd just hate to break the "core" DJ functionality for shiny baubles.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Chubby Racer View Post
    Currently I don't think traktor has many "problems." It runs fine for me, with 2 track decks, a remix deck, and the occasional effect. I'd hate for them to go add warping, automation, the ability to talk to animals, a back scratcher, 42 synths, and a partridge in a pair tree, and suddenly have to have absurd latencies or absolutely top shelf hardware just to be able to do what now works without any audio pops.

Not that I don't think any of that stuff would be useful, I'd just hate to break the "core" DJ functionality for shiny baubles.
    Yes, but you have to consider that the software processing needs are getting farther and farther from the capacity of today's computers. So, it would be a waste not to get these softwares a little turbo, of course having in mind that it should not be too heavy for the state-of-the-art processing technology.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

First traktor guys come into the Live threads and talk about how performing with Live isnt "DJing" then they come into the traktor 3 thread and say they want all the features of Live...

Im Just playin' Traktor guys, I love you.

Lol.

Yeah...that's kinda funny.

I enjoyed my days DJing with Live. But...it's still there.

With the release of the S8 it looks like Traktor has made a big commitment to remix decks. Unfortunately remix decks are such a basic 'toy' compared to working with Maschine in sync. They can't compare to the groove and control of Maschine. I have both F1 and Maschine and never use remix decks anymore. I tried for a while but found them very limiting. Lack of swing control on remix decks makes matching grooves hard. Maschine is the biz for the job.

... so all I want :-) is to be able to feed Maschine's audio output into a Traktor deck so I can then use Traktors solo, filters, EQ, faders etc. ... How hard can it be to make Maschine an input option for Traktor decks?

Perhaps it would make sense (given the remix deck layout of the S8) to create a multi channel audio input from Maschine (4xStereo pairs) ...

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920