What to get ? Macbook pro yes !! help need what spec and what controller for traktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What to get ? Macbook pro yes !! help need what spec and what controller for traktor

no doubt it has been asked a thousand times before but i need to get back into djing and production had a few releases and been on a few djalbum compilations but i need a new setup, so i ask for a dj setup for traktor what controller i should get and what spec macbook also i like the look of having a midifighter pro what would that cost to ship to the uk.

With regards to the mac i would wanna smash the hell out of the controller too so 4 decks or 2 decks and sample decks etc so i'm guessing not to look at a i5 model !!!

get the macbook pro you can afford, but im able to do 3 decks with one additional deck for remixset/F1 plus FX, all while recording in traktor and get great latency with a 2.53 Intel Core2Duo MBP with 4GB RAM, plan on adding a maschine to the mix as well

cheers for the reply , i've been looking at a i5 model this year or last and add a ssd myself would that been good enough i'm guessing

yea that would be good, try and get 8GB of RAM just for being able to run multiple programs and, if you can afford it retina display would deff help as i have the 15" (non-retina) and its managable but deffinitly wouldnt mind extra screen real estate as it starts getting cramped with having all 4 decks and FX on the screen and trying to look through your library for the next song, but i could just be spoiled from using my main desktop as my traktor machine for awhile before i bought my MBP (it had a 23" Dell Ultrasharp)

i aim to get 8 ram and a ssd drive what about controller an s4 a vestax vci 400 or anything else, would i be able to add a midi fighter pro onto anyother hardwhere , would a ddj sx which is a serato controller be mapped good to traktor?

Tech Guru

All the current MBP range can run Traktor comfortably and will do for the forseeable future, more RAM is always a good thing and an SSD will make browsing your library flawlessly smooth.

Or you could just not get a MBP and save yourself a ton a of money for a windows laptop with equal, if not greater power.

Quote Originally Posted by siallensivaldez View Post
    i aim to get 8 ram and a ssd drive what about controller an s4 a vestax vci 400 or anything else, would i be able to add a midi fighter pro onto anyother hardwhere , would a ddj sx which is a serato controller be mapped good to traktor?
    i believe atm there is no traktor mapping for the DDJ SX but they are working on one, as for the midifighter or any other add on midi control surface will be easy to integrate into your setup reguardless of what controller you use

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    All the current MBP range can run Traktor comfortably and will do for the forseeable future, more RAM is always a good thing and an SSD will make browsing your library flawlessly smooth.

Or you could just not get a MBP and save yourself a ton a of money for a windows laptop with equal, if not greater power.

Does windows works great with it tho , i have never owned a mac and only heard bad things about windows and traktor and adding devices and drop out , alot of messing about surely apple is alot easier even tho a little bit more expensive go on ebay and get a cheaper i5 macbook add a samsung ssd and extend the applecare and surely good to go

I'd stay away from the 2012 13" MBP if you plan to use the audio in port.
    Used Record Shopper

i have roughly a total of £1000 to spend of a laptop mac and ssd and then get a conntroller and a rokit 5 or 6 setup ontop so say 2k in total

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast