Cue problem with the S4

Default Cue problem with the S4

Hey guys, I'm having a problem with my Cue function on my S4. Lets say I'm cueing up a track on the A deck, and the crossfader is all the way to the right on the B deck, I can still hear the track from the A deck although the Cue button is pushed.. The same thing happens vise-versa.

any suggestions ?

and also I have headphones plugged in.

Thanks !

Are you hearing it through the main outs or the headphones?
    If through the main outs, check your xfader assignments as you can enable/disable the xfader for any deck, and can assign any deck to either side of the xfader. If its through the headphones, the cue mix knob on the front will need to be adjusted.

Also your master and monitor assignments in preferences might be wrong.

I can hear it through both. I looked in my preferences and the masters/monitors were switched up so I corrected them and I still have the same problem. I fooled around with the cue mix knob and found out that I can control the master (left deck and right deck) by turning the knob... I have no idea what's going on lol

If the crossfader is moved to the very right, and I cue the song on the left side of the deck, I can hear it through both my main and my headphones.

There are 2 arrows located at the bottom of your channel faders that show which side (or not assigned if both are off) of the xfader the deck is assigned to. Also in the software on either side of the xfader shows this also.
    The cue mix knob will either give you only the cued deck(s) if turned to the left, both cued and what is coming out of the mains in the middle, or just what is coming out of the mains when turned to the right.
    Last edited by VanGogo; 12-19-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swarm View Post
    I can hear it through both. I looked in my preferences and the masters/monitors were switched up so I corrected them and I still have the same problem. I fooled around with the cue mix knob and found out that I can control the master (left deck and right deck) by turning the knob... I have no idea what's going on lol

If the crossfader is moved to the very right, and I cue the song on the left side of the deck, I can hear it through both my main and my headphones.

Hello not sure i completely understand your issue but your crossfader may be bleeding. Try and recalibrate it.

I am not in my studio but i think it is found in:

Preferences/Traktor S4/Calibration/Crossfader... then hit recalibrate and follow the prompts.