New controller (maybe going to the market) - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    I know it's a concept but I think you need to do a scale render, just seems odd at the minute.
    The arcade buttons are too big compared to the other controls - also have you checked if you can buy buttons and pots/faders like the ones you have?
    Since i'm working on a 3D software I can see a lot of perspectives. I'll try and make a render of a top view.

Yes, I can buy all the things I have on the controller.

I'd like a crossfader cause I like to scratch every now and again. Why not market this to everyone, why should only a controllist have all the fun. I mean watch some Shifty or Kraze videos, there always reaching over to the Machine or some other controller. I say if it had a crossfader I wouldn't need another controller cause I have everything right there on your unit. In the end it's your choice but I think it's a mistake to just blow off scratch djs because they don't mix like you.......

Add an Audio 10 , crossfader , maybe 2 more usb ports for other things and a few more encoders for fx's and loops and you'll gladly have my money.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sendoushi View Post
    I'm still wondering if the arcades one have space to spread the light (I guess so... maybe with some chrome paper inside of it for getting even more light).
    I have modified arcade buttons once and I took a real bright red LEDs out of PC mouse and it worked nicely for me. However you can buy arcade buttons with transparent rings to have good indication and it looks cool.

So since the buttons don't have space for an inside LED I have to get them on the outside and the way to do that is to make small holes on the enclosure on top of the buttons for example. In my point of view that would destroy the design.
    I agree on this. But everything is better then nothing I guess.

About the toggles A-C B-D... I still don't know. For now I was thinking on using just one of the push buttons. For example, I don't use more decks why would I have a toggle you know?
    If you use it with ableton you're good, but Traktor users expect to have access to all four deck transport controls when they buy four channel controller so this feature should be mapped.

I haven't tried but what happens to the pitch with other controllers when you change the deck? It automatically goes to the pitch value from the "old" deck? I don't see a way to avoid that. So when anyone changes the pitch and deck he has to be careful not to screw everything up I guess? ehehe
    There is 'soft takeover' option for this. Add command, learn it, assign for deck, check soft takeover. Engage deck A, adjust pitch to all the way down, change deck to C, move the pitch - note that control wont act until you pick current position of your deck C tempo.

basically in a nutshell everyone saying they like it aside from the fact that they want to completely redesign it by committee the pontiac aztek comes to mind right now just do how you want id say the pitch faders do need to go on the far sides of the controller aside from that its your idea and keep it that way

My idea isn't making a controller for everyone because I'll never have a controller as good as a Vestax, specially on the jog encoders as I once stated here and besides that I think that a good controller is one made for just one kind of person (let's say it that way).

That soft takeover is something from Traktor?

only thing i can say is make one demo unit and make a video with you using it maybe people whould get the idea then cause just looking at a cad drawing isnt gonna give you the real idea of how it feels while playing

That soft takeover is something from Traktor?
    Basically it's from most DJ software. Not sure if ableton can do this.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    I know it's a concept but I think you need to do a scale render, just seems odd at the minute.
    The arcade buttons are too big compared to the other controls - also have you checked if you can buy buttons and pots/faders like the ones you have?
    this... you said the arcade buttons are 3 cm, but if the controller is 40 cm wide that would leave room for 13 arcade buttons and they seem way too big for that

Quote Originally Posted by dfinch805 View Post
    this... you said the arcade buttons are 3 cm, but if the controller is 40 cm wide that would leave room for 13 arcade buttons and they seem way too big for that
    I think that arcades are only for play and cue. The rest of buttons are smaller and some other type.

Yep the others are not arcade. They're mini buttons (let's call them that). Arcades are only for play and cue yes.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast