New controller (maybe going to the market)
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default New controller (maybe going to the market)

Hey guys,

So, I've just finished the thinking and rendering of a new controller.
    Tell me what do you think:

It has an angle on the top. The back has 6.5cm of height, the front has 4.5cm of height. On top it has 27.5cm by 40cm.

It will also have another color edition (thinking on black or dark grey depending) and if it goes forward to the market the client may choose the color and type of knob caps.
    Last edited by tekki; 12-21-2012 at 04:41 AM. Reason: Edit Post > double click image > select ful size > click save

wow that looks really smooth ...

By the way, the leds are not represented yet.

don't really like the place of the pitch faders
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Needs a crossfader with an Audio 10 built in, that would have my money no questions asked........

"don't really like the place of the pitch faders"
    where would you put them?

"Needs a crossfader with an Audio 10 built in, that would have my money no questions asked........"
    I'm thinking on getting a soundcard inside but the maya 44 which I think is the one used on some vestax controllers. Do you really find a need for a crossfader? That kind of... messes a bit the design since it will need than switches on the channels for example but who knows maybe is something to think about.

I agree that it needs a crossfader and an Audio 10

when i designed this i thought of it as a "waste of space". Adding a crossfader would have to add switches also so it can change the crossfader channels and between these two changes we're talking about... more 6-8cm on the overall height of the top. may you please enlight me for the why of a crossfader? controllerism?

audio 10... maybe it will happen. time will tell but i was already thinking on getting a soundcard inside.

I don't understand why 2 big buttons at the bottom on each side - why so big, not more smaller ones?
    SC | MC

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    I don't understand why 2 big buttons at the bottom on each side - why so big, not more smaller ones?
    +1 .. makes no sense to me either, I'm guessing cue/play, but way way too big IMHO, dj's are stupid not blind

Need's more knobs or preferably at least 8 encoders and I'd go with 100mm pitch faders if you are going to bother with them at all or just remove them. Also I'd go symmetrical with them TBH, with the size of the jog wheels its not going to make deck all difference that its not the same configuration as a Pioneer or technics, everything will feel very cramped.

Are they going to be rubberized buttons or clicky ones :-s

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast