Help setting up Midi-Keyboard in Maschine
    Tech Mentor

Default Help setting up Midi-Keyboard in Maschine

Hey Guys
    i recently bought a maschine and got an old midiman oxygen 8 from ebay for like 15$ , but somehow i can not get it to work inside maschine. i installed the driver, and if i go to audio/midi setup on my macbook it shows up as keystation, and if i test the configuration a sound is played each time i hit a key, which i guess means it is working. however it does not work as a keyboard inside maschine. i went to file->audio and midi settings->midi and turned it to ON. still, nothing happens inside the software when i press a key... i'm stuck at this point, and i couldnt find anything on the web on how to proceed. all the other posts i found are about either the keyboard not showing up in audio/midi setup or not having its input turned on...
    help me with you great knowledge guys, would appreciate it a lot!
    btw i use a 2012 macbook pro, version 10.7.5

I thought maschine already had pads and stuff for your sounds.. If you wanna use your keyboard you need something like ableton to run it.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    I thought maschine already had pads and stuff for your sounds.. If you wanna use your keyboard you need something like ableton to run it.
    Yeah but it's really annoying to play chords and melodies on the maschines pads...

im pretty sure hes wrong, cant remember at the moment what page it was but i remember there being an option, and maschine just automatically assigns input to whatever you have currently selected

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant View Post
    im pretty sure hes wrong, cant remember at the moment what page it was but i remember there being an option, and maschine just automatically assigns input to whatever you have currently selected
    +1

I've seen in some youtube videos. can't recall which one but it is possible and you don't need ableton to do it.

Tech Mentor

I can't remember exactly but there's a way to set up which MIDI channel you want each sound to transmit on. Just set up that channel to correspond with the channel the keyboard is operating on.