Ableton or Cubase
    Tech Wizard

Default Ableton or Cubase

After I've had a lot of crashing on ableton,I thinking about to go on cubase.Now I am interested in your opinion for cubase.Thanks

Ableton. I don't like MIDI editing in Cubase (Live 9 has improvements to 8's editing too) and sample/audio editing in Cubase has nothing on Pro Tools or just Ableton.

Using the 64 bit 9 beta (version 50 or so) I experience no crashing. If you have a hot system, running 9 is no big deal.

Depends on how you like to work IMO. Ableton is a good all-around program, but without customizeable key commands and some other more detailed editing functions, it can be a little slow to use too. Cubase has excellent and intuitive audio editing abilities (for me anyway), but lacks the flexible routing and session view that makes Live so popular.

Also a point to remember that Steinberg is the only company to offer a DAW without a built in sampler! Doesn't effect me as I use Kontakt 8, but for new users without a sampler its an extra cost.
    | NI Traktor Scratch Pro 2.1.3 | Steinberg Cubase 7.0 | Yamaha HS80m Monitors | Oxygen 25 |
    | Allen & Heath Xone:62 | Pioneer CDJ 200 | NI Kontrol X1 | Novation Launchpad |

Facebook | Twitter | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Tech Mentor

I've only tinkered with Ableton a few times. I did not like it at all. I've been using Cubase since VST 32 and I've stuck with it since then. I love it, but I do acknowledge the fact that it's incredibly more powerful when coupled with another DAW type program. I used to use Acid Pro and Cubase linked through ReWire and now I load Maschine as a VST in Cubase or route the outs from Maschine to tracks in Cubase.