defmd's aka DJ MAD's Setup - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

where did you get that wonderful long table? ive been looking around and ikea doesnt have anything that big. unfortunately, that is the only furniture store in my area that will get me the most bang for my cheap buck. but im willing to venture out where i can find a inexpensive big table.

Quote Originally Posted by defmd View Post
    The sound is incredible and to be honest I don't know why some are willing to spend over 4500 Euros on CDJ's and a DJM but are not investing on the output and get some decent monitors. I bought the pair of 8040's second hand for 900 Euros which was a great deal. I am pretty sure I can resell them if I want to upgrade without losing much money on them.
    fair enough man! I'm hoping to get a pair of 8040's or some adam a7x's soon
    CDJ 2000s + DJM 2000

Check out my Mixes : Soundcloud

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by sicnarf033 View Post
    where did you get that wonderful long table? ive been looking around and ikea doesnt have anything that big. unfortunately, that is the only furniture store in my area that will get me the most bang for my cheap buck. but im willing to venture out where i can find a inexpensive big table.
    This is really one of the cheapest large table made and I love it. It's the bottom frame of an old wooden bunkbed and I placed a large tabletop over it. I only had to buy the tabletop which is nothing but a large piece of quality wood you can buy in any shop :-)

MBP 15" i7 @ 2,66MHz 4GB Ram, NI TSP, Audio8, Kontrol S4, Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, Machine
    2x CDJ2000, DJM900, Shure PSM400 + SE 425 in Ear, Westone 3 + 4
    http://soundcloud.com/michael-dawson...-2012-mixed-by

Quote Originally Posted by defmd View Post
    I had a 2x CDJ1000 MK3 + DJM 800 setup, switched to the S4 and x1 briefly and eventually bought the CDJ2000's and DJM 900 as I love to switch between mixing with sticks and Traktor.
    Ironically, the CDJ/DJM setup with Serato is exactly what I learned to mix. It was a buddies setup, but my current roommate at the time introduced me to Traktor and I've never turned back. I picked up an S4, and now an F1, but I still lust after the tactile feeling of the CDJ setup. Your current setup is what I'd like mine to evolve to eventually, slowly but surely...

What is the thing behind the f1?

Tech Wizard

Great setup, love the workflow you're usin. Do you find yourself using the jog effects on the S4 more or the old fashioned way with the F1/X1?

Tech Wizard

Tight
    2012 15" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: 2 Tech 1210s + Dicers :: Traktor Kontrol Z2 :: DJM400 :: Traktor Pro 2.6 :: Serato Scratch Live + Serato Video

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by stevohill View Post
    Ironically, the CDJ/DJM setup with Serato is exactly what I learned to mix. It was a buddies setup, but my current roommate at the time introduced me to Traktor and I've never turned back. I picked up an S4, and now an F1, but I still lust after the tactile feeling of the CDJ setup. Your current setup is what I'd like mine to evolve to eventually, slowly but surely...
    I thought I could do without the Pioneer Gear and in an ideal world it is not really a problem. This is what my S4 + X1 setup looked like:

And this was the full setup together with the sold CDJ 1000 + DJM 800 setup:

The problem was that this works great if you have lots of space but the S4 + Laptop takes up too much space in a cramped DJ booth and as a standalone device I am missing the Booth option as well as that you can't use it as a standalone mixer.
    I often have to do sets of 1 hour and move on to the next location. It is much easier to simply use rekordbox and play of sticks. So in order to keep my skills up at both ways of playing (with and without Traktor) I bought another CDJ and DJM combination. It is just a different way of mixing for me. I find myself playing much more with effects when using Traktor then with the CDJ's

Quote Originally Posted by rafiq View Post
    Great setup, love the workflow you're usin. Do you find yourself using the jog effects on the S4 more or the old fashioned way with the F1/X1?
    With the current setup I either use the S4 or the X1 for effects. The X1 is setup with the DJTT gratification mapping in midi mode. The S4 is used with Scamo's effect mapping which I love as well. The problem is that I don't use them both at the same time as I have not taken the time yet to setup some dedicated buttons to swith effects or to setup a slot on scamo's mapping with the gratification effects. I really have to remap the S4 to my purpose which I will do eventually when I have the time.
    You are referring to the Old fashioned way which for me is the CDJ / DJM combo :-). I use the CDJ's in advanced hid mode to control most of the basic functions and use the F1 dedicated for Cue Point triggering and manually controlling FX slots 1 and 2.

This mix below is done with Traktor (mixed live without the S4 but with the X1 and F1, edited afterwards to shorten the mix). It is just a different way of mixing then using strictly CDJ's and a DJM.
    https://soundcloud.com/michael-dawso...-2012-mixed-by

Quote Originally Posted by VirtualLogic View Post
    What is the thing behind the f1?
    That's a Tascam US-122 MKII soundcard which is connected to my normal windows PC and 2x 24 inch monitors. I usually hook up Machine to my windows PC as it much relaxter to sit on a chair behind a desk then to stand behind the DJ gear controlling Maschine. That's also why machine is setup on the right side as I just pick it up and put it on the other desk. The Tascam has Midi IN/OUT as well as XLR line ins. Just a nice versatile soundcard.
    MBP 15" i7 @ 2,66MHz 4GB Ram, NI TSP, Audio8, Kontrol S4, Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, Machine

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJLiteral View Post
    Tight
    Thanks

hey you know there's a very famous dubstep dj called DJ Madd already, or at least, as famous as you can get in dubstep while staying true to the deeper, old school style.

Nice setup, btw. looks great.
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast