A Special Setup (not really) From SpeshulEd
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A Special Setup (not really) From SpeshulEd

Sorry for the crap quality of these photos, took them with my iphone and then tried to edit them with cheap filters.

All of this started with a need for a record player to play my old records...I figured why not get something nice. Found a deal on two 1200's and everything got out of control.

Well, two turntables needed a mixer, so I opted for one of the cheaper ones and ended up with this:
    http://www.numark.com/product/m6usb

I also picked up TP2 and started messing around with it. So I ordered one of these:
    http://www.numark.com/product/omnicontrol

Needless to say, after a week I wanted more out of both items. Neither item could do what I wanted it to so I sent everything back and started over.

I was impatient and went to Guitar Center to buy an S4. My buddy told me to get an N6 and use Serato, but I wasn't feeling it.

I bought the S4 as an open stock item, got it home and realized someone stole the Traktor key and then returned it. While NI support worked out the kinks I had to send in copies of the receipt, box, software, S4, etc. It was a pain, but worth it in the end. I hope the guy using the original key woke up one morning to find his version no longer working.

My next purchase was a set of RK5 and a Crane stand. Didn't want to go too big so I think the RK5's are plenty for what I do. The Crane stand just seemed to be the sturdiest out of the ones I looked at.

After several months of running that setup, Smittten decided to sell his Midi Fighter Pro Beatmasher ed., I grabbed it as soon as I saw it. The downfall, it must have been tossed a few times during shipping as it didn't work out of the box. Plugging it in would peg the lo pass filter and all you heard was muffled bass. Also, the faders wouldn't work. So, after a few posts on the forum and a weekend of frustration, I sent it off to DJTT. Got it back instantly, no hardware fault, just a loose wire on the pcb board. I should have just opened it, I could have fixed it within seconds, but thanks DJTT for taking care of that for me.

So, here I am today...finally the pictures:

Cheap Ariel headphones...I got them cuz they had nice colors! This will be my next upgrade. Although, they're not too bad, I still think they sound like ass.

The S4 and MFP:

1200's with the RK5's in the background - also need to add speaker stands to the list of needs:

I still need to do some work on the 1200's. They were used in a school music program for years. They need to be torn apart and cleaned and relubed. That'll be a weekend project at some point.

The complete setup, may no attention to the mimosa:

Last edited by fullenglishpint; 12-30-2012 at 06:04 PM.
    nope.

Tech Guru

I like it man. Do you experience low end feed back with your monitors so close to your needles?

djproben - "But who can resist an album called "the Gay 90s"! I assumed it was going to be a lot of Moby and Keoki...."

Not feedback in the normal sense, but there's definitely garbled noises on occasion, especially if I crank it. Also, I need to put more weight on the needle then I should or else the damn thing will skip if there's a good thump in the track. I've pretty much stopped messing with vinyl at the moment until I get this all fixed.

In fact, I can't even use my Shure M44-7 on the right side because the tonearm is so gunked up it doesn't play properly. It just plays the same loop over and over, if I leave the stanton needle in that it came with and put a lot of weight on the arm it'll play, but I hate to do that. Cleaning them will probably be my project for next weekend, at least one of them now that I've read up on it enough to know what I'm doing. I went digging yesterday and found a few fun albums to play, plus I bought that pile of house albums in the Buy & Sell section, so I need to get everything in proper working order!
    nope.

Tech Mentor

You know Tiesto uses those exact same headphones sometimes.

I actually saw a video of him wearing them and that convinced me, I probably should have went somewhere and tested out headphones tho, I just can't get into these. I think they're a little too bass heavy.
    nope.

Are you secretly Tiesto? And I like the setup . Idk why SmiTTTen would sell his MF pro! I sold my MidiFighter and within a week I missed it so much I bought a Pro. I <3 my Midi Fighter. I'm going to go create a sticker saying "I <3 my Midi Fighter" right now, that's how much I love it!

Tech Mentor

I haven't actually used them, I just thought well if Tiesto uses them, they can't be that bad....

Yeah, I wouldn't say they're horrific...and honestly, I still can't compare them to senn's or sony's or anything so who knows. I do have a nice pair of etymotic ear buds, which are crystal clear and pretty flat, but I've read that etymotics aren't good for DJ's.

Crap, what do I know...I'm a total noob.
    nope.

Tech Wizard

Great setup

Done a bit of tidying up, thread re-opened.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast