DJ's Getting Kicked Off The Decks
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DJ's Getting Kicked Off The Decks

What's you guys opinion on this matter?

I live in Miami and I stopped attending these mega-VIP clubs about 3 years ago.

That being said, I would be smart enough to look at the crowd and know that a hipster set isn't going to fly at Mansion.

DJ Shadow from Twitter:

"Ironically it was drum and bass that broke the camel's back(!) Note to self...play more drum and bass!!! "

"Or maybe it was all the trap & juke that preceded it...I dunno. I'll get the set up on soundcloud soon so every1 can enjoy. Happy Holidays!"

>

Tech Guru

I'm on Shadow's side on this, definitely. He should never have been booked there, and he shouldn't have to sell out because the bottle service punters want some.

However, when he said D&B did it, I was like "Really?" and then he followed with trap and juke I literally, out loud said "Oh." Now I understand what he meant by too future. I'm really into it at the moment and everyone I'm showing it too cannot stand it, they're only just getting on the deep house bandwagon; which is sidestepped completely because balls to deep house. But yeah, if he played trap it's understandable why people complained, that is full on bass swagger music, and is about as far from the top 40 as you can get with current EDM!

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    I'm on Shadow's side on this, definitely. He should never have been booked there, and he shouldn't have to sell out because the bottle service punters want some.

However, when he said D&B did it, I was like "Really?" and then he followed with trap and juke I literally, out loud said "Oh." Now I understand what he meant by too future. I'm really into it at the moment and everyone I'm showing it too cannot stand it, they're only just getting on the deep house bandwagon; which is sidestepped completely because balls to deep house. But yeah, if he played trap it's understandable why people complained, that is full on bass swagger music, and is about as far from the top 40 as you can get with current EDM!
    I would think that the TRAP would be fine. This is Miami (aka Dirty South). It's just crunked hip hop, but Drum and Bass is questionable.

And how is Drum and Bass the future ???

>

Tech Guru

Trap is fine down here for Mansion. Craze is playing there this Friday and he'll def. play some Trap. Mr. Mauricio makes his rounds at the mega clubs here and he drops Trap all the time.

He should've never been booked there on a Friday night ----- it's usually open format night. I think both sides are responsible, the promoters and booking manager. It's going to happen. Bottom line, Mansion, LIV, and the rest is a money making businesses. Place will be packed this weekend for Craze, and on New Years for Carl Cox and Shadow will play his set surely somewhere else and jam.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    Trap is fine down here for Mansion. Craze is playing there this Friday and he'll def. play some Trap. Mr. Mauricio makes his rounds at the mega clubs here and he drops Trap all the time.

He should've never been booked there on a Friday night ----- it's usually open format night. I think both sides are responsible, the promoters and booking manager. It's going to happen. Bottom line, Mansion, LIV, and the rest is a money making businesses. Place will be packed this weekend for Craze, and on New Years for Carl Cox and Shadow will play his set surely somewhere else and jam.
    Cool. I'll be at Treehouse dancing to some basslines.

>

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post

Am I missing something in your meaning here? if its usually open format night to me that would suggest an eclectic crowd who are up for listening to lots of different stuff and therefore he should be able to play lots of different stuff without risking been booted

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Pearce161 View Post
    Am I missing something in your meaning here? if its usually open format night to me that would suggest an eclectic crowd who are up for listening to lots of different stuff and therefore he should be able to play lots of different stuff without risking been booted
    I was thinking the same. If he was booked for "Top 40 Pop Night" then I would understand that guy's point.

Also, can anyone tell me why "Trap" isn't just hip-hop?

Quote Originally Posted by ad357 View Post
    cuz you can't say "run da instrumental hip-hop" and sound cool

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post

When I hear Trap it sounds like it should be Top 40 not EDM at all.
    I can't stand the Trap people play around here. Maybe all the Djs suck or something but what I hear is basically horrible Top 40 hip hop.
    You would think the "open-format" crowd would love Trap

Quote Originally Posted by Pearce161 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ad357 View Post
    I was thinking the same. If he was booked for "Top 40 Pop Night" then I would understand that guy's point.

I am pretty sure that Haze means "open-format" in the sense of Top-40, Mashup, Hip-hip, basic punter type music. Not as in open to any and every musical genre.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast