DIY Faceplates

Thread: DIY Faceplates

Default DIY Faceplates

Ok guys i have to ask this...

i am thinking about spraypainting my VCI-100 plates....and wanted to know if it poses any problem doing that? i was more or less thinking of unscrwing the faceplates..and spraypainting the side underneath. (side that bolts down) just in case it comes out whack -i can always turn them rightside up and have the stock silver with lettering.

my question is- does spraypainting the Jogwheel metal plate make it less sensitive , or does it not matter?

anyone have any reccomendations on what paint to use?

DELL XPS M1710 : MOTU Ultralite : VCI-100
    dirty electro funky hip house:eek:

I'm kind of curious about painting the jog wheel face plates as well I was thinking along the lines of glow in the dark paint, but not sure if it would cause problems with the touch sensitivity as well.

The problem with glow in the dark paint is that you really need to put alot on for it to be effective.

Personally i dont think spraying the jogs would be too much of a problem unless a hell of alot of paint went on the jogs.

Tech Wizard

Ive painted my jog wheels with black epoxy...didn't change the sensitivity at all.

painting them is really not so bad- nothing that cant be fixed by turning up the sensitivity. The original silver models had painted plates.