Nweb question on VCI-400 / Traktor 2.5 mapping question

Default Nweb question on VCI-400 / Traktor 2.5 mapping question

Hi first time on midi mapping and of course getting totally confused.

How do I map this: Load a song onto deck A, and the play button LED flashes and stay lit when press play.

Thanks'

Raymond

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

It is possible but you'll need at least one deck playing to send beat phase.

Thanks for your quick reply. I actually tried Serato DJ Intro with the VCI-400, when I load a song into Deck A the Cue lit up, and the Play/Pause flashes and there was no song playing. Unfortunately this software only has native mapping of its own and there is no way for me to see and try to learn.

Add In / Deck Common / Play/Pause
    Device Mapping Ch03.Note.D1
    Button, Deck A
    Toggle

Add Out / Deck Common / Play/Pause
    Device Mapping Ch03.Note.D1
    LED Output, Deck A
    Controller range: 0 1
    Midi Range: 0 127

So this only put the LED on if you press play and LED off if you play pause. i.e. there will be no LED if you load the song onto the deck.

Sorry if this sounds very trivial to you.

Thanks,
    Raymond

Like you said traktor can't offer blink state to controller without playing track so giving up on one deck which will always be on play providing blink state for other three decks. Other way would be by using loop Rec output.

Should look like this:

Tech Wizard

Default Try using the master clock to fake the blinking ?

You could however fake this by having a modifier wired to the master clock out command.
    I am not behind a computer right now so I am not sure if this works but you would need to have the master tempo set and playing. That master clock out sends a stream of f8 note every time a tick occurs.

So, every time a tick occurs the out command for the master clock sends a note I think it is F8, set modifier 1 to learn it and set this modifier to "inc"so that when modifier #1 picks up that note it increases its own value by one .
    Create another modifier that reset the value of modifier#1 to 0 every time modifier#1 = 8.

Then finally add an out message that checks the status of deck A, set it to toggle, it will need to fulfill two conditions :
    For example if deck A is not playing and the value of the modifier created above is equal to 4 then set to it send a D1 message on channel 3, which turns the button play on on the vci400, for any other value than 4 that button's led will be off.

There are 24 ticks in one beat in traktor, this means that the light will shortly blink every third of a beat.

If you want the light to stay on longer duplicate the out command for DeckA and set the second condition to 3 and reset modifier#1 with modifier#2 every time modifier#1=5.

I am not sure however if the master clock sends a note when no deck is playing...but you might want to give it a try.
    Last edited by soulpixel; 01-09-2013 at 06:50 PM.
    DJR-400//VCI-400//VCI-100(MK1)//padKontrol//KP3//Maschine//APC40

I can make a modifier loop by routing MIDI back to traktor but one of decks still need to be on play. Loop rec output seems to be easiest task, ofc in case you're not using it for sets or with toggle (blink state/loop function) switch.

Tech Wizard

In that case loop rec should help here, I can see why serato have this function burnt in the program :-/
    DJR-400//VCI-400//VCI-100(MK1)//padKontrol//KP3//Maschine//APC40