Numark Total Control with Ableton Live?
    Tech Wizard

Default Numark Total Control with Ableton Live?

I sold my Novation SL25 which I used to DJ with Live to use a Total COntrol but realised - I still like Live for putting sets together due to its Session view being really fast to work with...

I thought in theory my TC would work with Live MIDI. When Live 8 is open - the MIDI in light flashes - however when pressing the MIDI button the controllers do not pick up or set to any CC when moving TC faders etc...so there is MIDI in some form going in - but Live will not recognise and set the controls...

Anybody have any ideas? The TC does not appear in the Live control surfaces...

I have the same problem with numark total control on ableton live. The little yellow dot lights when I push a button or slide a slider etc but when i try to map it to a specific control in live it just does not work. Funny thing is when i push the buttons they are wired to send midi notes so a random note will sound when you push it, and the backlight of another unpushed button flashes.

Ill try to work this one out because i think the total kontrol will be able to do almost exactly the thing i want it to.

If i come up with something i will post it here.

There has been a while since you first started this thread. Have you made any progress?

Tech Wizard

In the MIDI sync part of the preferences do you have remote on where it says track, sync, and remote?

I was having the same problem for the longest time with various controllers, but then I turned that on and that works with all my controllers since.

No need to worry about sync, you just need to make sure remote is selected

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    No need to worry about sync, you just need to make sure remote is selected
    thanks - I needed to press 'remote' - I cant believe I made such a rookie error!

Default don't use the adapter

don't use the adapter