Can I run my Maschine into Traktor and then out, so the effects could be used?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can I run my Maschine into Traktor and then out, so the effects could be used?

Well title says it all really. I use the Maschine and it is routed out 5/6 on my Audio 8. Is there any possible way to run Maschine into a Traktor deck (preferably C) in order to use Traktor effects on the Mashine sounds?

I should mention I am also using 1 computer and I have Tracktor and Maschine synced via Traktor's internal midi clock.

Tech Mentor

What other hardware are you using? Mixer? It should actuallybe possible, just connect your maschine out to traktor deck c in (select deck c as live input) and then the out of that channel to your mixer.

I have and X1 to control decks A & B, Machine is on deck C, I also run an F1 on deck C for sample decks which I am not really utilizing right now cause that thing is lame. And i am recording my audio through the channel for deck D on the Audio 8.

Tech Mentor

1 connect the maschine output (output 3 of your soundcard) to deck d's input (4) of your soundcard
    2 select deck d as live input on traktor
    3 select the soundcard input 4 as the input for deck d
    4 connect output 4 to channel 4 on your mixer
    I have not tried it myself but will soon, but this is my best take on how it might work. Downside is that you will not be able to use deck c as remixdeck cause you lack an output on your soundcard.

What if you created a composite audio device on your Macbook in Audio MIDI Setup, and included a virtual port using Soundflower. Then you could route your Maschine to the virtual port and assign that input to Deck C? I'm just riffing off the top of my head, but that's what I would try first.

Quote Originally Posted by Volpe View Post
    1 connect the maschine output (output 3 of your soundcard) to deck d's input (4) of your soundcard
    2 select deck d as live input on traktor
    3 select the soundcard input 4 as the input for deck d
    4 connect output 4 to channel 4 on your mixer
    I have not tried it myself but will soon, but this is my best take on how it might work. Downside is that you will not be able to use deck c as remixdeck cause you lack an output on your soundcard.
    Nice, I will give it a try too! Thanks for the suggestion! I guess I would need to pick up a recorder to record my sets...

Quote Originally Posted by dual citizen View Post
    What if you created a composite audio device on your Macbook in Audio MIDI Setup, and included a virtual port using Soundflower. Then you could route your Maschine to the virtual port and assign that input to Deck C? I'm just riffing off the top of my head, but that's what I would try first.
    Thanks... I am not familiar with Soundflower at all... any downfalls to using it? Is there any delays or latency issues?

Tech Convert

doesn't maschine come with traktors 12 that puts all of traktors effects in maschine regardless?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    Nice, I will give it a try too! Thanks for the suggestion! I guess I would need to pick up a recorder to record my sets...
    let me know if it worked
    and or the recorging, i dont think so, just connect the main out of your mixer to an input of a soundcard and record using a programm like audacity or any other free audio recording software.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post
    doesn't maschine come with traktors 12 that puts all of traktors effects in maschine regardless?
    oh traktor 12 is out already?
    and since you cant have both maschine and traktor windows shown on one laptop i get why its usefull to run maschine through traktor for effects. they're also easier to use on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post

I was under the impression that Traktor 12 was for use with Guitar Rig...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast