Some good techno for your listening pleasure

Default Some good techno for your listening pleasure

A new mix I put together last night, comments and criticisms appreciated.

Tracklist
    -----------
    1. Mr. Bizz - Bamboo (Original Mix)
    2. Carl Cox - Chemistry (Nicole Moudaber Remix)
    3. Pirupa, Hollen - Rolling Drums (Original Mix)
    4. Tomy DeClerque - Ma fren iz a Drama (Original Mix)
    5. Hollen - Traumatix (Original Mix)
    6. Uto Karem - Taking Me (Original Mix)
    7. Mr. Bizz - Palmerio (Original Mix)
    8. Joris Voorn - Goodbye Fly (Original Mix)
    9. Bushwacka!, Just Be - West Side (Christian Smith & Wehbba Remix)
    10. Tomaz, Filterheadz - Sunshine (Uto Karem Remix)
    11. Siwell - Hangover (Original Mix)
    12. Tim Deluxe - Transformation (DJ Hell Remix)
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

Nice mix, really liked the tracks and the flow, very good pump up soundtrack for a Friday before holidays. Great job, man.

Quote Originally Posted by monogammee View Post
    Nice mix, really liked the tracks and the flow, very good pump up soundtrack for a Friday before holidays. Great job, man.
    Glad you enjoyed it man, I aim to please.
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Downloaded, will return with feedback
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Bump, still looking for feedback and to spread some good tunes.

Tech Mentor

I downloaded this to play while driving 15 hours home for the holidays. But subsonic and my firewall somehow stopped working just before we left and I didn't check it before we left. So what I'm saying is that I listened to it on my laptop speakers while working this Wednesday. My GF was doing her thing nearby, and the below includes some of her feedback.

- Mixing in general is quite solid, levels are really good and phrasing and phasing are also good. I assume this mix was done with sync or similar? Your setup in your tagline doesn't make it clear if you're using traktor. I didn't hear much EQing or cutting. In any case, I have to point out two things. First is the pretty wack backspin, I'm sure you know what I mean. Second is the good transition at 40 minutes.

- Thanks for the tracklist and download link! Tracklist + download link = moar listens and more feedback!

- Track selection was good, but a bit lacking in personality for my taste. I prefer the tracks in the second half, a bit more lively. The tracks are very similar sounding, and I feel like the progression in terms of energy level is not very significant. It keeps the energy up, certainly, but I'd like a bit more progression from the start of the mix to the end.

Thanks for posting, and keep at it!
    !!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomer View Post
    I downloaded this to play while driving 15 hours home for the holidays. But subsonic and my firewall somehow stopped working just before we left and I didn't check it before we left. So what I'm saying is that I listened to it on my laptop speakers while working this Wednesday. My GF was doing her thing nearby, and the below includes some of her feedback.

- Mixing in general is quite solid, levels are really good and phrasing and phasing are also good. I assume this mix was done with sync or similar? Your setup in your tagline doesn't make it clear if you're using traktor. I didn't hear much EQing or cutting. In any case, I have to point out two things. First is the pretty wack backspin, I'm sure you know what I mean. Second is the good transition at 40 minutes.

- Thanks for the tracklist and download link! Tracklist + download link = moar listens and more feedback!

- Track selection was good, but a bit lacking in personality for my taste. I prefer the tracks in the second half, a bit more lively. The tracks are very similar sounding, and I feel like the progression in terms of energy level is not very significant. It keeps the energy up, certainly, but I'd like a bit more progression from the start of the mix to the end.

Thanks for posting, and keep at it!
    Thanks man, I really appreciate the feedback! I know what you're saying about the backspin, maybe I just felt a little bit too much like Carl Cox while I was in the mix, haha. It does kill the flow quite a bit. And yes it was mixed using sync. For that mix I just used my s4 and my f1. I still have lots to learn as far as EQing goes, and my cutting as well.