Vci 400 low sound issues in club!!
    Tech Wizard

Default Vci 400 low sound issues in club!!

I have recently decided to start using my VCI-400 (standard) during club work and have notcied that my levels are way too low.. I am running traktor 2.6 (-0.3db headroom, limiter on).. Output from VCI-400 via xlr to rca into clubs mixer.. Last night I had everything maxed out on the vci400 and the club mixer... It is weird cos my traktor and asio settings are fine when I am hooked into my own mobile setup, no sound issues at all... It seems to only happen when I go via club mixers... If anyone has had any similar problems please let me know...

Cheers

Tech Mentor

What exact XLR -> RCA are you using? Sometimes if there's a mistake you may only be sending just the left or right channel to the mixer. On an 800 at least the levels will still read "normally" (I.e. they won't be halved) but your sound may be halved. Also depends on that specific club's set up.

Quick check would be to hook up your VCI, play a tune and pan it left -> right in Traktor to troubleshoot this problem.
    Co-founder, Promoter and DJ for Easy Love, an independent promotions company for dance events in Edmonton, AB.

Check out our blog for more information - www.easylovedance.com.

Tech Wizard

thanks for your input mate.. really appreciate it... however I had solved the problem and it was due to having 2 vestax ASIO drivers installed.. I dont know the reason behind it but I deleted both and reinstalled the most recent version... thanks again miyuru

Tech Wizard

I have had similar problems with no solution. Could the output really be this low???

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by the_djs View Post
    thanks for your input mate.. really appreciate it... however I had solved the problem and it was due to having 2 vestax ASIO drivers installed.. I dont know the reason behind it but I deleted both and reinstalled the most recent version... thanks again miyuru
    could you explain how you did this????

Tech Student

The same thing happens to me when I play in the club. While I'm in the club I run a RCA cable to the house mixer and I have to crank up the volume extra high. I noticed it more when I was playing along with another DJ that was tied into the same mixer and his output levels were not as high as my set.

Tech Wizard

just deleted the vestax asio driver in control panel (pc) then redownloaded and installed the driver from the vestax website.. however my problem still persists..

Tech Wizard

yeah I had everything maxxed out on friday night on both the vci400 and the djm 900 house mixer.. i forgot to put the limiter on in traktor and it sounded like shit... however once the limiter was back on the sound quality was fine but there was no room for an increase in volume... and if the next track you about to mix is a bit more quiet than the current track.. ur pretty muched screwed.. i gave up for awhile and resorted to timecode.. but not being able to use my tricked out mappings with the vci400 is shitting me.. weird because with my mobile setup it works perfect??