Query about head phone splitter and 4 deck set up...

Default Query about head phone splitter and 4 deck set up...

I have recently been using a 4 deck set up... Whenever a friend is round we do 4 decks with 2 people and 2 mixers...

I have it wired up so the master from the other mixer is connected to my 4th channel and i just control most of the levels from my mixer when we are both mixing.. Now the problem is my friend obviouly cant hear what i am playing through his headphones as nothing from my mixer is connected to the one he is using...

I was basically wondering if there is any peice of equipment such as a headphone splitter that will make it possible for him to hear what is going through my mixer in his headphones???? I was thinking a headphone splitter probably wouldnt work as the splitter will be connected to my mixer and he wont be able to hear what is in his...

I was also thinking maybe if i connected my booth to his 3rd channel he could just hear what is coming from my master from there.. I will try this tmoro

Tried to have a look online but couldnt really find anything on it... Its not a great problem as he can just beat match it from what is coming from the speakers but some times it can make faster mixing harder...

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Use either the booth out or record out from your mixer and run into one of the channels in your buddy's mixer. Then he can mix as normal on his side but can cue from what is coming out of the "master" mixer.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

this is pretty close to what you need ...

http://www.dualdj.com/

150-180 euros ... if you can find it. Was never a truly popular item despite being a great idea (I had a mixer that could do split cueing for two separate headphones and broke it .... but I think the concept is good if you work as a team)

I was also thinking maybe if i connected my booth to his 3rd channel he could just hear what is coming from my master from there.. I will try this tmoro
    This would work perfectly...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Pretty easy really, we've actually done this with a 3 mixer setup before.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "