How to build a DJ Booth, DIY - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I was using a big set of polk S6 bookshelf speaker previous to the Rokit 5s I have now. I built little ledges for them to sit on and padded it with a piece of foam and notice no vibrations at all. If you get all your cuts straight and screw/glue them together properly you should a nice solid piece of furniture when you are done. Mine holds most of the records and CDs I have left so it's pretty heavy. I will find a decent pic to post. It won't win any beauty contests, but it's highly functional and was way less than a hundred bucks to build. I left mine unfinished, I'm sure you can find some cheap paint to roll onto it if you desire.

edit:

I just looked at homedepot and unfinished doors are between 19 and 28 dollars.
    Last edited by keithace; 12-23-2012 at 03:34 PM.
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

lumen birth 011.jpglumen birth 012.jpglumen birth 013.jpg

I started buying stuff for my booth because of the Boxing day sales.

All prices are in Canadian dollars.

I got two NOMA 8 socket power surge bars from Canadian Tire for $31.99 Ea sale price Regulary $63.98 Ea

Two NOMA Indoor/Outdoor Twinkling rope light (2.7 M) or 9 foot for $14.99 Ea sale price Regulary $18.99 Ea

One EMERALD Rope light (4 M) or 12 foot for $9.74 sale price Regulary $13.00

One EMERALD Multi-Function Rope light (8 M) or 24 foot for $22.49 sale price Regulary $30.00

TOTAL SPENT (Sale price) $142.59
    Retail price $267.34
    Last edited by fire for effect; 12-26-2012 at 06:53 PM.

hazer 2000 signature series 001.jpglumen birth 015.jpglumen birth 014.jpg

Pics of my Gear.....I don't have it all where I live right now & won't have access to it until feb. Will add more pics then.

This is my mixer, speakers & External HD

The Mixer is a KORG 2CH Mixer, the HD is a WD 3TB & the speaker is a Hazer 2000 signature series 150 watts each, I have 4 of them.
    Last edited by fire for effect; 12-27-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Banned

Does anyone have any ideas for cheaper alternatives to the
    2 x EXPEDIT bookcases = $139.99
    For those of us who don't need those square slots for records?

Tech Wizard

Hay wiskey google "Sheets of MDF" its comes in 8foot by 4foot sheets and costs about $40 each sheet. You should be able to find them at Rona, Home dept, Home hardware, ect...

If you wanted something like the ikea shelfs try computer desks, or walmart shelfs they might be cheaper.

So i bought my son "he's 8" a set of turntables so im going to make him a simple DJ booth for his tables.
    I have also purchased 3 sets of Tables which I plan on selling as I got an awesome deal on them so I may make booths for each of those sets as well.
    They will probably be fairly simple but will help me with the build for my booth which I will be making in the winter for 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by 0Notice View Post
    Recently I built myself an Ikea DJ Booth, was pretty easy. Heres a link to a great DJTechTools article.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/10/1...om-ikea-parts/

Maybe that can provide some inspiration!

thats fresh! Thanks for the idea
    ★ ★ ★ Learn how to use social media to network for more gigs & find more FANS! ★ ★ ★
    FREE Social Media & Branding Guide for DJs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12