NI S4 HELP!!! Tempo fader busted

Default NI S4 HELP!!! Tempo fader busted

I played a party lastnight and i may or may not have splashed a little beer onto my controller when i set my damn beer down doh! it splashed right onto the tempo fader on the right side and its out of warranty... from what i see NI is horrible at getting back to customers so what i want to know is if there are any reputable companies out there that repair this controller. hell i have even thought about taking it a part my self and getting contact cleaner and trying to clean the fader but id rather have your guys opinions.

thanks guys

Tech Mentor

I have a friend who repairs mixer, cdjs, amps etc for me and most of the local clubs in my area and someone gave him an S4 to fix, i'm sure he ended up giving him it back as he couldn't open it up or something without actually forcing some part of it open.

Try and keep it in a dry place, maybe upside-down for a day or two. Dont turn it on or you will risk shorting something more important.

Did the S4 continue to work after the spill or did it crap out right away?

Quote Originally Posted by killerbeege View Post
    hell i have even thought about taking it a part my self and getting contact cleaner and trying to clean the fader but id rather have your guys opinions.
    If you're good with computers and stuff go for it! Ive taken apart my Techs, Macbook, Iphone.. I actually enjoy it. Im half excited for an excuse to take my S4 apart
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

ya see i was talking to a guy at guitar center yesterday and he told me a place out here in FL but they said they don't fix S4s and would be hard to find some one who did... Damn you NI for making such a pain in the ass controller to take apart lol but ya every thing works great played another party lastnight with it just have to lock the BPM on track B and do all my adjustments in track A kind of a pain the the ass but w/e. and ya i have been a computer tech for 7+ years and now i am a cashregister tech lol i just don't wanna screw up the top piece because i know its glued down. rather just pay a company to fix it lol i only spent 480 on it bought it from a pawn shop so i got a steal on it don't mind paying to get it fixed. i was thinking about trying to spray a little deoxit in it from what i herd it could fix the problem by cleaning the beer of it