Traktor 2.6.0 not saving right
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DJTT Mapping Psycho

Angry Traktor 2.6.0 not saving right

To me, Traktor is not saving/exporting mappings right.
    After learning midi commands, everything works fine.
    Then when I save the mapping and re-open it, suddenly some commands don't respond..
    They need to be learned again, although the right command lines are already in the mapping.
    I have this problem on 3 systems running Traktor 2.6.0, Windows 7 and 8, with any device.
    User mappings or generic midi doesn't matter, it happens even with the S4 in HID mode.

Here's the deal:

* I Learned all FX unit 1-4 ON/OFF to note "C2" on a MF 3d
    So I press C2, All 4 FX units toggle on and off.
    I test it, it works great.

* When I export it, manually or by using the Big export button, it should be saved.

* When I open and re-import it, suddenly 3 out of 4 commands don't work.
    The right corresponding CC command assignments are already there in the controller manager,
    but I have to re-learn to make it functional again.

* After restarting Traktor or re-importing the mapping the commands don't work anymore...
    Some on/off buttons work, some don't.

This is a specific example, but it happens to me with other commands, mappings and devices too.
    Importing/exporting using the big button twice or deleting/adding the mapping manually doesn't matter in this case.
    Anyone here that can replicate this?
    Last edited by beaubryte; 12-24-2012 at 10:13 AM.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey mate,

I usually save mappings using big Export button it saves properly even multidevice. I'll try to replicate your issue and report back.

DJTT Mapping Psycho

Hey pal,

Tried saving with the Big export button, even without the controller manager open.
    Tried adding FX store Preset to the button, but no success.

Have a look at the tsi file if you don't mind: 3D Mapping Bug 2.6.0.tsi
    Look for the __Relearn comment to see what's happening to that button.
    Learn it, save it, re-open it, check it. That's all.

Thanks a lot!

Hmm looks like mapping issue from here. However I'm not sure how you use this and where do you engage modifier 2 from?

Unit 1 on > direct=0 / M2=5
    Unit 2 on > direct=0 / M2=5
    Unit 3 on > direct=0 / M2=5
    Unit 4 on > direct=0 / M2=5
    Unit 1 on > direct=1
    Unit 2 on > direct=1
    Unit 3 on > direct=1
    Unit 4 on > missing?

SInce unit on direct=1 got no modifier condition dedicated it will always turn unit on rather then turn it off even when Modifier 2 is in state 5.

I assume you can't make 3D to work with toggle interaction for FX units so you tried to use toggling modifier to do it on direct?
    Don't have 3D to edit tsi but it should be easy as adding M2=0 (conM2=5) for rest of units.

Mod1 (M1=1) / button / direct=0
    Mod1 (M1=0) / button / direct=1
    Unit on M1=0
    Unit off M1=1

When using modifiers in fader-relative and export this settings, Traktor can get confused and may jump to different value than mapped but this should be straight forward.

DJTT Mapping Psycho

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Hmm looks like mapping issue from here. However I'm not sure how you use this and where do you engage modifier 2 from?

Unit 4 on > missing?

SInce unit on direct=1 got no modifier condition dedicated it will always turn unit on rather then turn it off even when Modifier 2 is in state 5.
    I engage the modifier from the same buttons, so when m2=5, the units are on.

You're right about the modifier in fader-relative part, gonna add some m2=0 to the lines see what happens then.

Quote Originally Posted by beaubryte View Post
    I engage the modifier from the same buttons, so when m2=5, the units are on.
    When M2=5 units are off if I'm correct?

You're right about the modifier in fader-relative part, gonna add some m2=0 to the lines see what happens then.
    That should fix it

DJTT Mapping Psycho

And it did, must've been mapping too long, can't think straight anymore
    Thanks, the controller mapping part is solved, here comes another riddle that I just don't understand:

After importing a S4/MF3D mapping, sometimes certain buttons won't work for some reason while others will.
    Also, the buttons that aren't working correctly still show that it is giving off a signal because the "CTRL" at the top lights up in blue when a signal is sent.
    For example the cue buttons would work and everything else works fine, but only the sync and play command didn't work.
    A solution I found is to click on "device" and select the midi fighter mapping
    > Click "edit" which is underneath the device line
    > Click delete.
    >Click add.. Import ; Re-import the mapping
    > It works fine for hours and hours.

Every time I start up Traktor I have to do this delete/import thing. This way alll the commands seems to be refreshed.

Any thoughts about this? Sounds familiar? I double checked the mods states this time

Merry Christmas!

Thanks man. Happy holidays!

As for second issue I might need more input. You're importing separate mapping for each unit? You try to export both mappings in one tsi file and import it twice from bigger Import button? Also do you export 'other settings' as well?

DJTT Mapping Psycho

In this case, I imported a single mapping (just controller settings nothing else) using the Big import button.
    All works fine. Then I reboot the computer.
    After launching Traktor, I see that everything works, except for some buttons.
    Then I go to the controller manager and when I manually delete the mapping and re-import it again (with the small button)
    it works fine again until reboot.

This happens to various mappings, even from other users.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast