Ableton and Traktor Together, Sync Thoughts.
    Tech Student

Default Ableton and Traktor Together, Sync Thoughts.

Hey,

Every Tutorial I've viewed, and read - everyone slaves Ableton to Traktor.

I think I'm actually more interested in slaving Traktor's metronome to Ableton's MIDI output. There seems to be less flux when you do this, and if you get some flux; it's usually easiest to nudge a record or jogwheel to get things back in time (also, phase meters).

Although, Ableton's tempo nudge controls are probably just as easy if you remembered to assign them.

Anyone else have thoughts on this topic? Thoughts on workflow for using the two programs together?
    Thanks for your input.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I think I'm actually more interested in slaving Traktor's metronome to Ableton's MIDI output. There seems to be less flux when you do this, and if you get some flux; it's usually easiest to nudge a record or jogwheel to get things back in time (also, phase meters).
    It works better IMHO than trying to slave Ableton (only works for .1 or lower increments) .. however if you make large tempo jumps you are royally screwed either way until the clock syncs back up which can be a few seconds depending on the jump.

There's another thread that ran on for a long time in the DJTT Ableton section if you browse back a few pages back - consensus was manually beat matching in traktor is the most reliable way to sync.

If everything is a constant BPM throughout most of your set though Ableton Master > Traktor Slave works perfectly.

Tech Student

Thanks for the heads up on the other thread.

[linked] http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=40798

Yeah, I'll make a large tempo jump once in a while.. not too often.
    Right now I'm looking to Ableton to sort of be the occasional drum machine, or sample, or additional effect box.