V Moda Crossfade LP's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default V Moda Crossfade LP's

Hey everybody!

So as all of you know , Christmas is right around the corner , and I've been interested in buying myself a little something special as too seeing I , like most of you , spend countless hours a week on the decks.

I'm no professional DJ , as I don't play in clubs 5 nights a week , so I don't need any of you telling me about the Pioneer HDJ 2000's or especially Dr. Dre Beats, as to you look utterly stupid wearing them.

I've been looking at the V Moda Crossfade LP headphones as they look like something reliable that I could use , and would provide me with a solid construction and good sound quality .

I wanted to know if any of you own the Crossfade LP's or have tried them on ? Do they sound good or are they just targetting the bass and ruling out the higher frequencies ? I need a headphone with some solid sound quality as to I produce a lot of my music as well using headphones , and something that wont break on me. But seeing as to they have a kevlar wire , I doubt they will be lacking anything in the construction department!

If you have any other headphones to recommend , I have a 200 dollar budget! Cheers!
    Traktor Kontrol S2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Akai APC40 :: 17" Acer
    Check out our new "D.O.D - What Time?" Remix! : http://snd.sc/1bvF1xf

Tech Mentor

they are nice. hd25s and TMA 1's are also good in that price range.

Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Wizard

I picked up a pair and tried them at a gig this past weekend. Think I will go back to my HD-25s for gigs. I love the V-Modas, but the bass was too much when mixing.

Why is your budget $200, but you automatically rule out some of the better headphones in the $200 range? HDJ-2000s are great.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedeDreams View Post
    I'm no professional DJ , as I don't play in clubs 5 nights a week , so I don't need any of you telling me about the Pioneer HDJ 2000's or especially Dr. Dre Beats, as to you look utterly stupid wearing them.

If you have any other headphones to recommend , I have a 200 dollar budget! Cheers!
    Seriously? This is probably one of the stupidest thing's i've ever read. Reccomend me shit, but don't reccomend me beats or HDJ's cause i'm too worried about others thoughts rather than the quality? Let me tell you something, the beats PRO are by far one of the most fun fucking headphones EVER to listen to music to. Fuck EVERYONE & ANYONE here who tells you differently. They're too busy trying to be "cool" by talking shit on them. Are they worth it for the price? Fuck NO. And secondly the HDJ's are the BEST (I have never tried the HD-25's Senny's) I have tried. WAY better then the TMA's. The TMA's are probably one of my least favorite headphones i've ever owned in my life.

I love my TMA-1's. In the 20 years I've been doing this these are the most comfortable non intrusive headphones for DJ-ing i have ever owned.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    I love my TMA-1's. In the 20 years I've been doing this these are the most comfortable non intrusive headphones for DJ-ing i have ever owned.
    Sony MDR-V6/7506 are THE best headphones for ME

Everyone has their own opinions on headphones so TRY BEFORE YOU BUY !

• TMA's for example sounded "ok" to me, they were wayyyy too big for my head.
    • Vmoda's sounded decent and were THE most comfortable.
    • Pioneers - too bulky for me

The list goes on ...but thats me personally, and everyone has different ranges, size heads and importances on their phones.

Go to a headphone shop with an iPod/mp3 player with a few tracks you know how they should sound or want them to sound, only then will you know you made the right choice for YOU

[/thread]
    Last edited by deevey; 12-24-2012 at 01:20 AM.

I do have a big head...

The TMA's do benefit from a bit of EQing...but I think they are above "okay"...I miss my pair of 7506's...my cousin lost them...

+3 on the Sony MDR-V6 (same as 7506. At about 70 dollars they are unbeatable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast