Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Said No One...

Default Said No One...

(thanks reddit)
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Hehe - those days are long-gone buddy
    SC | MC

"My mixes are fuckn sick, I cant wait to start playing gigs!" - every 15 year old after DJing for 2 weeks.

Sorry... just heard the shittiest DJ last night at some pub.

Haha, the stereotyping is almost just as bad tho. I dj'ed for almost a year and half before playing live.

Tech Mentor

IMO IF you know your music good, know the heart and soul and how it's made then DJing isn't some
    really complicated art that you must practice in your cave for 10 years before you start playing out.
    I played my first pretty standard club set after 4 months of owning my own gear and about 2 years of really having the idea of DJing and working with my ideas, music and wishes.
    Playing in your bedroom for years isn't going to improve you without knowing what happens in the clubs.

Yeah I had my first gig within a month of getting my decks - beatmatching isn't hard, I think the point is the new generation expects success straightaway - kinda the X-Factor generation - nothing to superstar in a flash.
    SC | MC

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    Yeah I had my first gig within a month of getting my decks - beatmatching isn't hard, I think the point is the new generation expects success straightaway - kinda the X-Factor generation - nothing to superstar in a flash.
    You what? Was it any good?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Hah, it was ok actually - in those days I was practising almost every day.
    My first decks were Soundlab belt drives and the club had Technics - so it was totally different and a few mixes were pretty bad but in those days you could getaway with it.
    SC | MC

Tech Mentor

I've been Djing for almost 1.5 years and practiced at least 3 evenings a week (2-3hrs) and i am not even trying to get gigs yet even though my mixes are quite solid imho. i'm a perfectionist and dont want to ruin my reputation with my first gig. i come from zurich, switzerland, and there are just too many local djs around so you really have to stand out if you want to make yourself a name, so i'm trying to blast them all away with my first gig if the has come
    so much for the stereotype

Quote Originally Posted by Volpe View Post
    I've been Djing for almost 1.5 years and practiced at least 3 evenings a week (2-3hrs) and i am not even trying to get gigs yet even though my mixes are quite solid imho. i'm a perfectionist and dont want to ruin my reputation with my first gig. i come from zurich, switzerland, and there are just too many local djs around so you really have to stand out if you want to make yourself a name, so i'm trying to blast them all away with my first gig if the has come
    so much for the stereotype

make that your stance ALWAYS
    even after you have been doing it years
    always ALWAYS show your top game

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast