First of all, I wasn't sure whether to put this in CDJ/Vinyl or here; decided upon Controllers since you guys seem to be more tech-savvy.

Hey all, I'm presenting a query/challenge that I'm sincerely hoping there is some hope to answering/solving. I recently picked up a pair of Denon S3700's, mostly for the ability to do USB drive DJing but I was also quite intrigued by the hybrid mode as well. Needless to say, I was quite disappointed to learn it did not send the new 2.5 kHz timecode signal to interact with traktor scratch (only the old Mark I 2.0 kHz). Although this is not a deal breaker, it irks me that such a simple thing as .5 kHz is invalidating quite a remarkable piece of engineering.

The new S3900 of course have this frequency for use and Denon has decided to abandon all S3700 users in providing a simple firmware update to rectify this problem, even after admitting that was all that would be needed to be done. Obviously, all they want is more money from irked S3700ers and it is unfortunate such a business model works.

Regardless (pardon my ranting), I feel there has GOT to be some way to fix this yourself. It seems like making a device just change what frequency it sends out would be "relatively" simple (enough that someone outside the company could do it without irreparable damage to the device). Or, make traktor recognize the old 2.0 kHz signal without downgrading (which seems a little more difficult but I could be wrong). Either way, I want to be able to do this but I have no idea how to begin. I'm not the most tech-savvy individual, but I'm willing to learn, work and attempt to repair this for myself and the rest of the S37000 community.

As such, I'm asking if you have any ideas, leads, or guesses at how this might be done. Perhaps with the whole community, such a simple, yet disabling issue can be repaired.

TL;DR: Any ideas how to get the Denon S3700 to send out a 2.5 kHz timecode signal, or make traktor recognize the 2.0 kHz signal without downgrading?

Thanks for listening and I appreciate all comments.