Help needed with mapping for Traktor remix decks
    Tech Convert

Default Help needed with mapping for Traktor remix decks

Hi All,

Just recently stepped away from the vinyl world and got myself a Kontrol S2, which is a frickin awesome bit of kit but I digress, I also have an APC20 which I've been making beats on Ableton Live.

What I would like to know (as I am a complete newbie with Traktor Pro) is how can I map my APC to use the remix decks in a similar way to a Kontrol F1?

Anyhelp would be muchly aprreaciated.

You can't have full control like the f1 yet. You can only control the top bank of 4 with your apc. The only devices that I know of with full control are the f1 and the MIDI fighter 3d.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by squidot View Post
    You can't have full control like the f1 yet. You can only control the top bank of 4 with your apc. The only devices that I know of with full control are the f1 and the MIDI fighter 3d.
    Thanks for the reply, bit of a bummer but I suppose the top bank is better than nothing, next question, how would I go about doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by candyman View Post
    Thanks for the reply, bit of a bummer but I suppose the top bank is better than nothing, next question, how would I go about doing that?
    To be honest I don't really have any mapping experience but I would like to learn as well. You can check the midimaps area of this site, or the mappings on traktor bible to see if anyone else has made something close to what you want.

Otherwise some of the more experienced mappers may pop in Here to help you at some point.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Tech Convert

If anyone is looking for the same kind of mapping, I have just found this one https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/360

I'll try it out and let you know

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

It depends on how you want to use samples. Do you want to just trigger it like drum pads or to loop it? Load from deck / loop recorder?

First command you're looking for is Slot Capture/Triger/Mute. Pressing button once triggers the sample next press is mute on/off.

Tech Convert

i mapped Slot Capture/Trigger/Mute and Slot Retrigger to the same button to get it to behave like drum pads