Saving Cue points and hotcues even AFTER removing the song?

Default Saving Cue points and hotcues even AFTER removing the song?

I always wondered. If i setup a number of songs, with cue points in them or hot cues in them,
    then i close Traktor and shut off the S4

what happens?
    Are the (HOT) cue points saved to the songs?
    or are they all lost completely and i need to set them up again after restarting and booting up?

While typing this i just realized i can test it out in a PREPERATION LIST and see what happens,

Would be nice to have a way to save them and recall such tracks into a deck long after you stopped using them for the night

Tech Mentor

they are always saved as long as when you close traktor, it does the saving collection, and completes. if it freezes on the saving, then youll lose em but it always auto saves at the end for any new cuepoints...

i read something about it a little while ago to help answer
    I think i need to make sure the lock is not enabled when i do it
    otherwise it wont add them to the meta data of the track (ID3 tag)

Once i set my cue points, i can then lock it (BPM Lock) and close traktor

it should save them in the ID3 tag
    also, since its saved in the ID3 of an mp3 file, i can even use that mp3 on another copy of Traktor elsewhere
    and the ID3 would have memorized where to place the cue points automatically.

Ill test it out sometime soon and see.

Tech Mentor

not that im aware of. i have many Locked and still add cues. the Lock is just Locking the grid BPM so you cant move it off the grid by accident since the beatmarker is setto your liking.

cues are saved with the collection, hence why it saves collection at the end. Cues should still be able to be added and saved with a locked BPM track. Lock only deals with grid section, not cue. the cue information is not saved to the MP3. the only way to go to another laptop and have the same info is to have the same tracks, then import in the collection which will have all your saved info.

Tech Mentor

no prob. even as a safety precation i like to right click on Track Collection and hit save collection that way just incase traktor decides to glitch and freeze and not save, i saved them myself after setting up a bunch.

ahh yea i went with a little prep work before setting my tracklists in Traktor
    i actually sort them first in iTunes
    then in traktor i IMPORT to PLAYLISTS
    This way even if Traktor completely craps out on me, i still have the iTunes playlist and its XML file to recall things in perfect order.

i would call it a backup but since its created before traktor is opened.... what do i call it? a Front Up? lol