Fraa's Setup - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fraa's Setup

Well the Waldorf synth is nice for some sharp arpeggiated sounds, it sounds a bit plasticky because it's digital. The filter's analog though and that sounds pretty good.

En ja ik zat ook op aboutdj inderdaad, ik mis het soms wel

Nice....

Tja, wat aboutdj betrof, ik heb met een paar mensen geprobeerd opnieuw op te starten onder de noemer digidj.nl... Het is alleen te verziekt geraakt daar.... Waardoor het forum dood is gebloed.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

geen foto - thanks google translate!
    MBP 13"| TSP 2.6 | MPD 26 | MF Spectra | 2x Stanton ST150 | NI Kontrol z2

It has been almost a year since I last updated this thread, so time for a new photo

The production part has changed a bit, got a TR8 and TB3, still rocking the Doepfer Dark Energy and added an Ableton Push a while ago. The DJ part has roughly stayed the same. Also got a new 27 inch iMac on the way, which I'm really happy about. I've been using a Hackintosh with OS X Mavericks on it for quite a while, but the update/upgrade process is always a pain in the ass. So I finally caved in and ordered a 27 inch iMac, should get here next week.

Specs:

i7 3.5Ghz Quadcore
    8GB 1600Mhz RAM
    256GB PCI-e SSD
    GTX 775M 2GB RAM
    + 8GB 1600Mhz Crucial RAM on the way

For extra storage I'm hooking up my Seagate 1TB USB 3.0 external drive and my Samsung 840 SSD in an enclosure, should be fine
    Last edited by Fraa; 11-01-2014 at 12:37 PM.

Nice clean setup...

Where do your feet go at production?
    ---------------------------
    Greybeard Turntablist
    Z2 / 1200's / X1 MK2 / F1 / Maschine MK2

Niiiiice!

Looking good!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by blatterjr View Post
    Nice clean setup...

Where do your feet go at production?
    on the ground?

I actually put those boards there to have some extra shelving, but I guess it looks kind of weird in pictures

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Niiiiice!

Looking good!
    Thanks

How do you like the Roland aria stuff?

The TR8 sounds pretty dead on compared to the original 808/909. You also have a lot of tweaking options per instrument, you can pan, add reverbs, delays on certain hits, it works very nicely. You also have a side chain input on the TR8, you could connect another synth (like the TB3) to it and have it sidechained to your kick for example (but I don't use it).

The TB3 also sounds really good and some of the presets really have that authentic 303 sound to them. The first couple of "A" presets are actually just the square and triangle sinewaves of the original, but digitally re-engineered. The rest of the presets have effects on them, or are bass sounds (B) or effects (C). But in the end if you want to make it sound like the real deal (aka more useful in a track), it needs a lot of saturation, overdrive and all of that good stuff.

The most powerful feature of both of them is that they have a sound interface inside, which is really useful if you own a Mac (although there probably is some program you can install for Windows to achieve the same thing). In OS X you can create an aggregate sound device in the Audio/Midi settings, that way you can combine the inputs of the TR8, TB3 and your normal sound interface (in my case a Roland Octa Capture). In Ableton you then pick that aggregate device as your input device. It's really nice to be able to record from both of them digitally, right into Ableton (in conjuction with other synths through the regular sound interface). If you can't combine all devices, you can only record from one at a time, since Ableton doesn't allow multiple input or output devices. You could also just connect them with RCA cables to your sound interface to record from all of them at the same time, but if you have the option to record digitally, I would certainly do that.

In the end I'm pretty pleased with them, they sound good and with some tweaking in Ableton, you can get a really nice sound going
    Last edited by Fraa; 10-28-2014 at 07:29 PM.

Nice. I'm glad they're good.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast