Should i buy traktor kontrol s2 or go for something cheaper?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Should i buy traktor kontrol s2 or go for something cheaper?

Hello, im trying to decide on what to choose. I'm thinking about either a s2 or something else, the s2 goes for about 400-500 euro. Is there any cheaper option that is worth checking out? I'm new to djing also.Was thinking like 300 euro maybe? Or is the s2 a better choice?

Tech Mentor

There is a search function on the forum, I typically do not comment on these things. But, this is asked at least once a day. http://www.digitaldjtips.com/what-dj-controller/

Welcome to the forum.
    For all my VCI-100 lovers view my step by step guide to moding your very own VCI-100 Arcade edition
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=56270

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    Want to get better? Two words... jesus pose. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    There is a search function on the forum, I typically do not comment on these things. But, this is asked at least once a day. http://www.digitaldjtips.com/what-dj-controller/

Welcome to the forum.
    Lol you tell him to use the search function then you link the other site.

Anyways look at the vci 100?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    Lol you tell him to use the search function then you link the other site.

Anyways look at the vci 100?
    That one doesn't have a buillt in sound card if im right? The s2 has no loop recorder and limited control over sample decks, now how important is these functions? I don't really know which brand is the better one?

Maybe look into why you want to DJ, what you want to mix, and how you want to go about it before you spend your money on gear you may not need.

Play around with the demos of Traktor and VDJ, and mess around with mixxx as well (its free). See which one you like, and what parts of it you use, and then start researching controllers. There are lots of good companies, and lots of good controllers that do different things.

Read everything you can on this forum, and if you still have specific questions, I'm sure we will be here to answer them.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Maybe look into why you want to DJ, what you want to mix, and how you want to go about it before you spend your money on gear you may not need.

Play around with the demos of Traktor and VDJ, and mess around with mixxx as well (its free). See which one you like, and what parts of it you use, and then start researching controllers. There are lots of good companies, and lots of good controllers that do different things.

Read everything you can on this forum, and if you still have specific questions, I'm sure we will be here to answer them.
    I have been messing around with like VDJ and traktor software and created several remixes and mashups for a long time. Mainly house music. Tested alot of things.

Tech Mentor

I would go for the Mixtrack Pro, great piece of equipment
    Numark mixtrack - Numark DJ IO Sound card - Akai lpd8 - Traktor pro 2 - Senheiser HD205

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Havik View Post
    I would go for the Mixtrack Pro, great piece of equipment
    What is the limits with it compared with the s2?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by cappe97 View Post
    What is the limits with it compared with the s2?
    Creativity wise - none
    Build/sound quality the s2 is much better
    The S2 includes Traktor Pro

If you are a beginner IMHO you don't need a whole lot of functionality, learn the basics first, phrasing, track selection etc .. unless you are some sort of prodigy this will take months if not years to learn at which stage you will know if DJ'ing is for you or not.

So Device selection is down to how much you want to invest in DJ'ing, do you see that you have a future in it or are you testing the waters to see if its really your "thang".

Sample Decks Loop recorders and even effects IMHO should not even be touched upon until you get the basics down to a point where you can mix a stomper set in your sleep.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Creativity wise - none
    Build/sound quality the s2 is much better
    The S2 includes Traktor Pro

If you are a beginner IMHO you don't need a whole lot of functionality, learn the basics first, phrasing, track selection etc .. unless you are some sort of prodigy this will take months if not years to learn at which stage you will know if DJ'ing is for you or not.

So Device selection is down to how much you want to invest in DJ'ing, do you see that you have a future in it or are you testing the waters to see if its really your "thang".

Sample Decks Loop recorders and even effects IMHO should not even be touched upon until you get the basics down to a point where you can mix a stomper set in your sleep.
    Well, i've also looked at Dennon dn-mc2000 and the dennon dn-mc3000, novation twitch, vci 100, and the s2. There is alot to chose from. I think that the dennon 3000 and s2 gives best sound quality but the dennon don't come with traktor pro. Hard to decide.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast