traktor timecode issue
    Tech Wizard

Default traktor timecode issue

on my software my time code is reading both as unknown medium but im using traktor timecode? is it the needle that is the issue?

Are they new TC records? How long have you had your scratch licence? Might be that you're using mk1 timecodes with a new licence.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Are they new TC records? How long have you had your scratch licence? Might be that you're using mk1 timecodes with a new licence.
    i recently purchased a used traktor scratch pro 2 package, and am awaiting the unregistered serial, so right now im running timecode in the demo, dont know if thats the issue, i am getting the serial tomorrow and hopefully it will work then ill let you know tomrow, and how do i know what timecode i have?

It will say on top of the record (on the label) if it is MK2. If it doesn't say chances are you're using MK1. If you are using MK1 you will need to get the MK2 timecodes to work with TSP2.6 (assuming it isn't an updated version of the MK1 enabled software)

I am not familiar with a TSP demo. I really don't think that exists. If you are running TSP in the top left of the screen it will say Traktor SCRATCH. If it does not say that than there is nothing you can do... except play actual vinyl in 'live input' mode.

*Someone correct me if I am wrong about the TSP demo
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Tech Guru

I believe the Traktor demo is scratch enabled..........You prob have MK1 timecode vinyls and the demo won't let you use them, but you might be able to when you get your serial....thats my guess.

Yeah there are some early versions of traktor 2.1 that allowed both MK1 and MK2, but chances are it will only work with MK2, which is better anyway.

I can't imagine NI would offer scratch in the demo. How would they expect users to try it without having timecodes?
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Tech Guru

Might not make sense, but I know they used to....not sure if it has changed recently.