Soldering technic 1200s

Default Soldering technic 1200s

I have a pair of technic 1200's mk2's i got for really cheap, the problem with them is though that they sound really crappy. So i googled and did some researched and I narrowed it down to it most likely being the rca cables, i youtubed some videos and found some on how to fix the technics. They all told me to buy some new rca wires, strip them and then desolder or take out my current rca wires and solder the new ones onto the tables. So by doing this will my turntables sound better? because they sound really staticy and just plain bad right now, one is worse than the other. Also is soldering hard to do? because i would rather learn to do it myself than pay someone to fix it. Or would it be better to go to a professional who knows what there doing? thanks all! and hope you all had a merry Christmas and happy holidays!

Get the right equipment and supplies, watch some how-to's, practice on some spare wires and you will be fine. More than likely the source of the sound quality issues is a bad ground connection though (assuming it isn't a needle / cart / tonearm issue). Replace the ground wire as well or look up how to internally ground.

Soldering the RCA's on Technics isn't really that hard. You should practice "Tinning" as it will make the process a lot easier. I can't remember the name of the video on Youtube that will help you diagnose your tonearm to see where the audio problem is. All I remember is that it involves a Multimeter. Also watch Viperfrank's youtube tutorials, dude is awesome.
    TSP2|MFSPECTRA|TECHNICS1200MK2/M3D|WIN764BIT
    MASCHINESTUDIO|KNTRLZ2|KNTRLX1MK2|KNTRLF1|DICERS|V-MODA

Ah thanks all! Yeah i'm pretty sure its not the tonearm, and the neelde/cart are pretty much brand new so those are fine as well. Thanks all! will look up those videos and look more into grounding think i should open up my technics now! Any more advice/help is always appreciated.

Tech Wizard

I would check the 4 cartridge contact points inside the tonearm(looks like 4 small metal circles). I've seen this over and over, where one of those circles can get some dust or dirt on it and cause some noise with your turntable.

send your 1200 to turntabletech.com and save you some time...he does good work
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Tech Mentor

IMO, the HOSA cables are likely the least expensive, and are just fine for non-audiophile uses. Get yourself a long cable and cut it in half and you're in business. I prefer shorter cables. Do the internal grounding mod while you're in there.