A little help please :P

Default A little help please :P

So, i recently got into djing and im just curious if theres anyone who is willing to go through the complete basics of DDJing please, i allready have released a mix so tell meh what you think

playing songs constanly one afer another thats the basic.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Quote Originally Posted by dj gullum View Post
    playing songs constanly one afer another thats the basic.
    Well, i think i figured that one out, i meant as in the fundamentals such as how to mix effectively, how to get the right transitions ECT

im not quite sure how to answer this one. I really think its an unfair question.
    Please dont take it the wrong way but what youre asking is like going online and buying one of those
    "How To Dj" books.

there is no perfectly RIGHT way, its just the WRONG way you need to notice (transitions), you need to know what they are and trust me, when you do it wrong.... youll know. And you need to avoid them"

There is timing involved
    programming your music
    music selection
    volume adjusment
    eq-ing
    builds
    drops,
    efx,
    and even when is it the right / wrong time to use samples, loops etc.

There is a lot involved but that depends on HOW involved you want to be while spinning.

the question is a BROAD one, and the answer would be even MORE complex then you might think.

Listen to celebrity mixes, and listen to yours
    think of whats missing, or where you are going (wrong) per'say

To understand the basics requires more information than can be effectively posted in the forum. I would suggest a beginner DJ course. I think there was a free webinar by Behringer recently, search the forum. I have also seen an inexpensive course offered by Digital DJ Tips. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by homeboy303 View Post
    To understand the basics requires more information than can be effectively posted in the forum. I would suggest a beginner DJ course. I think there was a free webinar by Behringer recently, search the forum. I have also seen an inexpensive course offered by Digital DJ Tips. Good luck!
    just jogged my memory
    i read a few things on here some time ago. Not too bad of information

http://www.digitaldjtips.com/

and of course my favorite
    http://www.djtechtools.com/category/...e-tips/traktor