What's the best scratch mixer? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

You can also control some effects with the line faders (the HP/LP work nice this way...)
    I don't think that you can map the T1 this way.

I love my 909 but it get's no use...

Solid advise in this thread but I agree with calkutta, you don't need the best scratch mixer to begin with...
    You don't know how your technique is going to develop and if you buy premium now you will lose some nice coin when adjusting your setup....

Just buy a decent vestax, stanton, ecler, a&h, ... 2 channel mixer, you can find nice ones for 200-300 that are not beaten to death.
    Save the Rane/909/... stuff for later when your shure this is what you wanna do.
    Last edited by JohnnyDrama; 01-14-2013 at 06:03 AM. Reason: typo
    If they don’t want to see the light…..just make them feel the beat…..

i own a rane empath with a innofader and love it! i use a rane ttm 57 at a bar i play at.
    the layout seems like there is too much going on that i dont use (but i do use traktor not serato)

Quote Originally Posted by Childrenatplay View Post
    I feel like the rane are nice, but at the same time it looks like 909 crossfader has a better cut
    You're joking right? Have you used the Rane 56? Best scratch fader hands down, including inno-anything. The 909 is a solid mixer but its crossfader is not what makes it appealing at all. It's fine but as an all around scratch fader it's Rane all the way in my experience; followed closely by Ecler and Innofaders. I'm hardly a scratch pro though, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I find the Rane fader smoother, more solid (and less clunky) in feel, and just easier to work with. And I trust it to last longer as well.

(Note - the fader in the 56 (actually all three faders) are magnetic faders; different from the Penny + Giles that they put in the Empath)
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    You're joking right? Have you used the Rane 56?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234