BCD3000 and Windows 8 is a no go, so what controllers work?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default BCD3000 and Windows 8 is a no go, so what controllers work?

Just got a new laptop for christmas, and it's adorned with Windows 8. I thought this would be a refreshing change, but it's possibly the worst operating system I've ever used in my life. It's actually offensive to use. And my BCD3000 isn't recognised when I plug it in. I'm about to make a post on Behringer's website but I don't expect they'll be able to fix it, it is after all an out of date controller. Anywhos, I was looking at upgrading to a Novation Twitch soon, and was wondering if anyone here has used one with Windows 8?

Just need to point out that I already tried downgrading (Or as I see it, upgrading) to Windows 7 but the HDD is formatted in GPT not MBR so it cannot be done without some seriously risky business, which I'm not overly keen to do on my brand new laptop.

On the plus side, I had Traktor open with all 4 decks running with all effects going on them and the load bar didn't even budge! But still, try and avoid windows 8 like the plague.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Regard to Behringer product page BCD is not compatible with win8... You should definitely submit ticket to their support and see if they got some beta drivers.

Try giving the windows 7 drivers a go, alot of hardware drivers have crossed over to Windows 8 without a hitch.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/BCD3000.aspx

As for GPT, as long as your Motherboard supports UEFI, and you're installing 64 bit windows 7, there shouldn't be a problem. It's supported. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr.../gg463525.aspx

... Although maybe I'm missing something :P
    Traktor Pro 2 | DB2 | 2x X1 | Macbook Air | HDJ1500 | KRK RP6G2 | KRK 12s | Crane Stand Pro

My BCD3000 worked with no issues after upgrading from win7, but maybe it's missing something on a new install...

Tech Guru

I don't know if it's actually windows, it appears to be my laptop saying "device not recognised". It' not broken USB ports because I tried every other USB device I have (So around 2973987982734987) and they all worked flawlessly.

I've figured why it won't install windows 7, I was installing from a USB and you have to add another file to allow the USB to boot in UEFI mode. But the majority are saying that they are not experiencing problems with compatability issues in windows 8, so it has to be something I'm doing wrong.

harking back to an earlier post, does anyone know if the Twitch works with Windows 8?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the BCD3000 is also working flawlessly with my desktop and my old laptop.

Tech Guru

Solved! Turns out Lenovo haven't bothered to upgrade their USB 3.0 drivers, so whilst they work with most things, the odd one or two things do not. However there is two USB 2.1 ports on the other side, and after a bit of trickery with the driver installation, I got it to work. Good times!

However, I'm still planning on getting the Novation Twitch. I can't find anything with it not working with Windows 8, so I'm certain it must work Happy new year folks!

Default how did you trickt the driver of de bcd3000

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Solved! Turns out Lenovo haven't bothered to upgrade their USB 3.0 drivers, so whilst they work with most things, the odd one or two things do not. However there is two USB 2.1 ports on the other side, and after a bit of trickery with the driver installation, I got it to work. Good times!

However, I'm still planning on getting the Novation Twitch. I can't find anything with it not working with Windows 8, so I'm certain it must work Happy new year folks!
    Hey There sambo

i have the same problem on my new windows 8 laptop
    my laptop does reconize my bcd.
    when i open the driver (downloaded from behringer.com for windows7) it doesnt work
    so my question is what was youre little trickery whit the driver installation.

greetz fifty

Default Working

I had the same problem, unknow usb driver and etc.
    I installed all drivers for windows 7, like asio and midi drivers.
    It's working now, BUT ONLY WORK IF I TURN MY BCD3000 ON INTO MY NOTEBOOK BEFORE TURNING THE NOTE ON.
    So turn on the bcd, conect into the notebook and then turn on the notebook. Try this and sorry for bad english.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    But still, try and avoid windows 8 like the plague.
    Considering the amount of work I did on Windows 8, I find comments like this highly offensive.

Hope someone here can shed more light on this issue...
    When I connect my BCD3000 to my Windows 8 laptop it pops up saying "this USB device cannot be recognised".
    With windows 7 it popped up and installed relevant driver, I have tried all 3 USB slots along with turning my laptop on with BCD3000 turned on and connected.

The BCD3000 is shown in device manager as unknown device and I have tried installing the driver through that but no luck there either.

I downloaded the 32/64bit driver from the Behringer website and ran in Windows 7 compatability mode, but around the end of the installation process, when the BCD3000 is connected and turned on it asks me to "please connect device and turn on" but it already is! I have tried unplugging an plugging back in but no, still get the same message, I have also not plugged the BCD3000 until the point when it asks me to but exactly the same.

I have tried contacting behringer but they haven't got back to me regarding the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast