Who's bought a coffin case for their CDJs and mixer?

Default Who's bought a coffin case for their CDJs and mixer?

Hi everyone, I'm trying to track down a good coffin case for my setup (2xCDJ-2000NXS + Xone DB4). I had an odyssey black label case for my technics and it was great, but they're not available in the UK any more unfortunately. I'm also considering buying a case made for a DJM-2000 then making a small wooden box with a hinged lid to fill the space beside the mixer. This would help to house things like power supplies, LAN hubs etc. In the long run I'll be wiring in power and audio sockets on the outside of the case (already have the plugs and an expert willing to help!).

So basically, anyone got any recommendations for 12" or 16.9" mixer+CDJ coffins available in the UK? They must fit the 2000s, cases made for 1000s are too small.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Hey mate, I used to have a Swan flightcase when I had cdj's and it was solid - weighed a tonne with gear in though but it was really well made:
    http://www.swanflight.com/

P.S. I got mine from decks or somewhere, don't know what the company are like to deal direct with.
    SC | MC

Thanks man, oh I know they're heavy, imagine one with 2 technics, a DJM-800 and a built in laptop stand! I've looked at the swan cases but atm I'm steering more towards either Zomo (though I can't find a UK stockist) or Total Impact. I like the all black look of them... I know I'm being picky!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

The Zomo looks nice - juno are UK stockists I think, might be worth a phone call..

One thing with Swan, they will build you a custom case to your exact spec - my mate had one made for some lighting gear, and they do different colours etc...

http://www.swanflight.com/dj-flightc...xus-mixer.html
    SC | MC

Tech Mentor

I went with marathon djm900nxs flight case and marathon tech 1200 cases. Makes transporting so much easier. Now to get one for my APC40.

A friend has this case.. I think it's a flight case but I don't know for sure. Good quality.
    281717_575950872430860_355267242_n.jpg
    Just press play.

I wouldn't recommend modding a DJM-2000 case. It might seem great on paper, but the cases are heavily purpose built to house whatever size unit they're built for. A DB4 and a box might "fit" in the case, but the padding and securing mechanisms are sure to be out of order.

EG: on my Marathon DJM-2000 case, it's mostly hollow, save for 6 strategically placed blocks in the corners. Those 6 blocks hold the mixer in place in the otherwise hollow case. A DB4 wouldnt be properly secured in it, and would thus flop around and shake in the case. Very bad.

I see what you mean shish, think I'll stick with the 12" mixer size.

And yes prespa, that's an odyssey case. The uk distributor stopped importing them

Going for the zomo case, found a company that does free shipping from Spain (www.lookat.com). Was sceptical at first but they get good reviews on the customer satisfaction sites and other forums.

I was swayed by the fact that it has a lot of empty space under both the mixer and players that I can use for cable management etc. Most cases fill the space with unnecessary foam which can be removed, but it won't be easy and will look untidy.