m-audio Axiom 49
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default m-audio Axiom 49

Hey Salut a tous!

Just ordered mine today will be getting within 3 business days.. was wondering if anyone had one already and could gimme input on it..
    I am brand new to this (flame all you want)
    from shopping around and reading as may articles I could stand on this stuff I figured it was a good starting point..

What do you guys think..

BTW your videos are so much help please keep it up it is very very helpful
    you are inspiring to join in on this amazing passion.

Thank you all

(sorry for bad english.. French)

M-Audio make some pretty decent stuff, i haven't had any experience with this though.
    I hope it works out for you

Tech Wizard

Should be getting it tomorow, sooo damn excited its ridiculous haha
    feels like im 12 again on xmas eve
    I guess I will tell you about it when I hook it up!

Ive been only reading good on them.. other than not many presets come with it.. (wich apparently can be fixed easily with creating your own for your favorite software, wich is pretty obvious.. who uses default presets anyway..)
    and the knobs that turn to infinity.. apparently can cause some programs to wonder where its default position is..

well see!

Peace

Def let me know what you think of it, cause i have been flirting with picking one up
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

I've been debating on retiring my oxy8 and getting a KeyRig 25. The placement of the knobs and buttons make it perfect for effects and I would use the keys like I do know (beat/loop jumps).

Here is a link to a pic
    http://www.maudio.co.uk/images/globa...yRig25-top.jpg
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Tech Wizard

Looks like a sweet toy also!
    I just went for the axiom 49 cause it seemed to me that I had everything I needed in one package.. at least to start with.
    I was going to get the Axiom 25 but then got affraid that after a few weeks of fiddling with it I would have wanted an mpc or a second mixer.. the sliders also got me interested since in my non-dj brain, I seem to relate to those more than knobs.

but now I am affraid of wanting to get a vci.. and im trying not to think about it too much haha need to save money.. not spend it!

Axiom should come in today before 4 will take pics and let u guys know what I think of it.. coming from a newbies standpoint.

Peace!

Do you dj with ableton? I have been looking at the vci for a while now. I figure if I had the money I would get the Numark NS7... so sexy, so sweet.

It is like 3x the price. I don't even know if that is released yet.. lol
    Last edited by Foreverhex; 07-28-2008 at 02:11 PM.

Tech Wizard

1500$ us... hmmm but they are sexy as hell tho... wow
    you never should have shown me that.. haha
    nah.. im not there yet it would be a total waste of beautyfully engineered equipment
    like giving a sniper rifle to a corner store robber...
    bad analogy but tired from work hehe

Yes I know what you what you mean with the equipment. I would be like a child and just hit buttons over and over while laughing. lol

Then I could eventually use the device, after weeks of silliness.

Tech Wizard

ok so i got my new AXIOM 49 plugged in a have messed around all night and tonight too its pretty sweet..
    having problems with fruity loops recognizing it.. dining room and when decided to moove it to my room for some late night messing around suddenly the drivers didnt recognize it.. its like everytime i boot my laptop i gotta reinstal the software drivers..
    hmm
    other than that.. i have been mostly using the sliders haha not a big fan of the knobs yet.. kinda hard to get the feel of it.. but havent switched they responsive curves yet...
    now gonna try messing with it in traktor see what it does for me hehe..
    man fruity loops i thought was pretty sweet up until i realised i couldnt add an echo on top on my mixer for a channel... but i dont want to have to multi link all the echo knobs of my different channels.. damn..
    might be time for me to look into reason.. but looks soooooooo complicated

hmmm
    but the axiom so far is pretty sweet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast