Removing that ultra-stubborn "BROWSE" knob from a Mixtrack Pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Removing that ultra-stubborn "BROWSE" knob from a Mixtrack Pro

Hau deaux?

I feel like if I pull any harder, I'll break something... and if I can't get it off to put this fatty Chroma Cap on, I'll definitely break something (more than likely a window, along with the Mixtrack itself).

Any tips, tricks, hidden secrets, Easter eggs, or magical spells that might help?

Seriously? Not one person has successfully removed one... or even heard of one being removed? Wow. I had no idea that this was one of those great DJ mysteries/dark secrets that "we just don't talk about"!

Methinks I can remove it from the bottom, but that's purpose defeating as the fatty knobs more than likely won't fit. Sucks too, because out of all the knobs that's the one I really want to feel rubbery. Pupe.

There is nothing much to know about an encoder like those. They all look the same (i guess).

When I get a stubborn knob that doesn't want to come out I get something like a knife or something below and I try gently lift it up.
    Art, Design & Code
    www.sendoushi.com

Nah, it's the one knob that needs to be removed from the bottom...

Quote Originally Posted by mrfrankolicious View Post
    Nah, it's the one knob that needs to be removed from the bottom...
    Then open it, get the cap off and get the knob off. Or where you talking about resoldering a new one?
    Art, Design & Code
    www.sendoushi.com

You are a tremendous help, don't let anyone else tell you differently.

Tech Convert

Does that mean you take the lid off and it's easy to remove? Its the only one I wont be able to replace with alu lower profile ones.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Make sure to place something in between knob and top plate (12 o'clock) then use two flat screwdrivers, stick it under (4 and 8 0'clock) and use power. If this doesn't work I'd cut it open

Tech Convert

Hm might just spray paint it, not sure I'd be able to find one that big to replace it. I had tried pliers to get it off.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Combine pliers and what I said. Don't lose faith, use your third hand if needed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast