Tsi / Tks MAPPING FOR VARIOUS FIRMWARE
    Tech Convert

Default Tsi / Tks MAPPING FOR VARIOUS FIRMWARE

Hi troops,

first post, so no flaming.

Ok guys, there are a lot of mapping files, but most ,if not all are not labeled for specific VCI firmware versions.

is there anyway of tidying things up, taking the guesswork out of mapping, and creating a properly lableled library of map files, with a description of functions.

peace

Tech Wizard

Welcome to DJTT,
    Do you mean a way to figure out differences within tks/tsi mappings?

That would be cool....it was easier when there were only a couple to remember

I think most mappings are written with firmware vers. 1.3 in mind, as well as the overlays, but the older tks files (for prior versions of Traktor) will work with firmware 1.2 on the vci-100.

Tech Convert

Ive been pro producing for as long as i can remember, and with the current mapping problems, the restrictive formatting of the xml output of Tpro, ........my total enjoyment of using the vestax & traktor is becoming enough of a bug bear,that Im planning to move back to scratch/Cds, and just working from editted loops of tracks im gonna play out, and applying efx within cubase!.it really is getting beyong a joke with having to keep track of which feature has been added, taken away, remapped etc.

I was always afraid when i did beta testing for Final scratch almost 8 yrs ago,that as soon as computer programmers become djs with a digital system this was what was gonna happen!.

of course there are benefits,but the manageability of files.stripes.mappings etc is REALLY becoming too much.

I wonder if there is any hope of a 3rd party GUI for the vestax and Tpro mappings????

also is there any way Ean you can point to a pic of the standard mappings of a SE, what controls have actually changed in the SE edition, as in what midi/cc does the SE output??
    Last edited by krakow; 08-06-2009 at 05:06 AM.

All of my mapping files are named with the firmware number in the thread title, and/or the software they are designed for, so no excuse not to download one!

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by djmoonie View Post
    All of my mapping files are named with the firmware number in the thread title, and/or the software they are designed for, so no excuse not to download one!
    thanks moonie, ill check em out, it aint that im lazy,but i got enough stuff to do,never mind xml coding

peace