Akai MPK 49 and FL Studio

Default Akai MPK 49 and FL Studio

Not really sure if i should post this in the Music Production forum, or here. I guess both are okay, but if not, a mod will remove this post, and I won't be offended.

Anyway,
    Just got back from guitar center with an Akai MPK49. I'm using FL Studio 10, but you probably figured out both of these things from the title.
    Just wondering if anybody knows of a mapping i could download to get all the mixer faders, knobs, pads, keys, everything on the keyboard to be functioning inside FL.
    I was looking around for that, or a tutorial on how to do it myself, but i had no luck.

Tech Wizard

Is the Akai Mpk49 not connected to FL studio? I'm currently debating between the 49 and the Oxygen 49..

It's connected, but not fully. There is no preset that comes with the keyboard for any versions of FL. Only the keys are mapped correctly. Sure, you can go in a manually "link to controller" every single knob, fader, pad, and every single bank of knob, fader, and pad, but that's a lot of work and you have to do it for every project. (i'm probably wrong about this, i'm not experienced at mapping controllers for DAWs)
    Point is, it would be great if i could find a mapping for absolutely every feature for FL, otherwise this is a fantastic keyboard.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by fuelandperform View Post
    It's connected, but not fully. There is no preset that comes with the keyboard for any versions of FL. Only the keys are mapped correctly. Sure, you can go in a manually "link to controller" every single knob, fader, pad, and every single bank of knob, fader, and pad, but that's a lot of work and you have to do it for every project. (i'm probably wrong about this, i'm not experienced at mapping controllers for DAWs)
    Point is, it would be great if i could find a mapping for absolutely every feature for FL, otherwise this is a fantastic keyboard.
    That's exactly what the salesman at the guitar center said to me. The keys and the pads work, but for the faders/knobs/synthesizers/ they are not compatible with FL. This goes for the Axiom- Pro 49.

Well, their certainly compatible, just not native. The whole keyboard is midi mappable, but neither akai or image line has done it for us. I'm hoping that someone else will have.

Tech Wizard

Well, their certainly compatible, just not native. The whole keyboard is midi mappable, but neither akai or image line has done it for us. I'm hoping that someone else will have.
    generally, how long does it take to map a preset?

I have no idea. I've never mapped anything with as many layers and banks as this keyboard. I had seen on some other forums about people complaining about hours of mapping because of the tricky pads. Any mapping I've found so far only correctly maps one or two features.

Tech Wizard

I have no idea. I've never mapped anything with as many layers and banks as this keyboard. I had seen on some other forums about people complaining about hours of mapping because of the tricky pads. Any mapping I've found so far only correctly maps one or two features.
    Have you researched any other midi keyboards that are compatible with FL?

Im not sure how your expecting the program to have knobs and pads already mapped.. Thats where your creativity comes in. Putting said sound on a pad, making an lfo change with a knob. Thats all specific to what you want it to do. No mapping can help you with that../