Anyone knows about NI Razor ? Recording ?
    Tech Wizard

Default Anyone knows about NI Razor ? Recording ?

I own a Traktor S2 unit and I use Traktor Pro 2.6 on my laptop. I also have a MIDI Keyboard that I hooked up to my laptop. I want to purchase Razor and use it to play some Cool synths while mixing records with Traktor Pro.

Is it possible to redirect the output of Razor to traktor pro so that I can add a layer to my mix in Traktor Pro and record it there ? I want to know if there is a way to record my melodies using the sounds of Razor.

I appreciate it guys if you can give me some tip.

P.S: Do I also have to own Komplete or Reactor in order to run Razor or the free player does the job ?

Thanks
    Alex

Reactor player will do the job. And yes you can run the output of reactor into Traktor. From there you can record the output of that deck and save it as a Remix Set. Yes everything you want is defiantly possible.

Razor is an extremely powerful synth but it is not as varied as something like Massive. Why Razor though?
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 0Notice View Post
    Reactor player will do the job. And yes you can run the output of reactor into Traktor. From there you can record the output of that deck and save it as a Remix Set. Yes everything you want is defiantly possible.

Razor is an extremely powerful synth but it is not as varied as something like Massive. Why Razor though?
    I have a Roland Juno-Gi which has lots of cool synth sounds on it. I want to create some dubstep lead sounds that I found
    it hard to do on my Juno-Gi. I guess it's easy to make cool sounding Leads and Synths with Razor. I also don't want to spend a lot of money for making music as I do it for fun than profession. I want to save some money and buy the Kotrol F1 pad later. So I found massive a bit costy for me.

So There are some NI softwares that make cool sounds like Razor, Reaktor Spark, and XT. Which one do you suggest
    for what I want to do ? I personally like Razor, but I appreciate it if you can give me some more insight on the other 2.

P.S: Is it easy to redirect the sound output from razor to traktor pro ?

If your going Dubstep then Razor is a great idea it has just devastating sounds. Out of those three it is my favorite. The audio routing wouldn't be that challenging, using the techniques that people do for running Ableton or Maschine in Traktor you could defiantly do it. Once you have everything and if set up doesn't go smooth I am sure someone on here would kindly help you out. Razors Vocoder also is a ton of fun.
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 0Notice View Post
    If your going Dubstep then Razor is a great idea it has just devastating sounds. Out of those three it is my favorite. The audio routing wouldn't be that challenging, using the techniques that people do for running Ableton or Maschine in Traktor you could defiantly do it. Once you have everything and if set up doesn't go smooth I am sure someone on here would kindly help you out. Razors Vocoder also is a ton of fun.
    Thanks a lot man. You have a great new year!

Quote Originally Posted by manhooei View Post
    Thanks a lot man. You have a great new year!
    Will do, good luck with everything, btw, Welcome to DJTT Forums.
    Mapping Enthusiast
    S4 | X1 | F1 | MF3D