Help!! Is it worth buying the S4 or should I go for the S2?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Help!! Is it worth buying the S4 or should I go for the S2?

Hey everyone. So I've decided to change my DJ set from Torq to Traktor, which seems to be much better. I want to buy also a Traktor controller, cause all the djing I did was just with my Mac.
    I've seen some posts regarding the S2 vs. S4 but some say the S2 is the best, some others say the S4 is definitely the one, so I'm not really sure yet...

People say the S4 is huge...but is there really a big difference with the S2? Also, is it that bad that the S2 doesn't have filter knob? And finally, I really like adding samples to songs when djing just to make my mix more dynamic, so is it really necessary to have the extra 2 decks, or can I work my way out with the samples in the S2. In general, between the S2 and S4, which one would you think is the best to go with?

I don't want to make the wrong decision and then regret buying/not buying one of the controllers. I'll appreciate your help in my decision!

-A

I rocked clubs all last summer w/ my S2 and MBP 13" ... Nice Odyssey flight case .. and a Launchpad.

As minimal as that rig sounds .. I hit it hard .. and would have hated to add anymore weight to my setup.

S2 in flight case looks legit. Launchpad for samples and more FX. I had a blast. And so did the crowds.

If I was a resident somewhere and left my gear ... I'd probably want the S4.
    My debut EP is FINISHED!! Now back to being a DJ!!

http://soundcloud.com/iambreed <-- NEW EP! "Hello. My Name is Breed"

#RESPECT

The S4 is big compared to an S2, but is dwarfed by the Pio DDJ's

Do you use 2 decks or 4 when you mix?
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Emery View Post
    The S4 is big compared to an S2, but is dwarfed by the Pio DDJ's

Do you use 2 decks or 4 when you mix?
    With the Torq software I have, I'm only able to mix with 2 decks, no extra samples, nothing; just the 2 simple decks. But when I do remixes and mashups, I like to add samples in songs and I would love to be able to do that djing live. So there's where I don't know if I can stay with the S2 and the sample decks or the other 2 decks are necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by AMG View Post
    With the Torq software I have, I'm only able to mix with 2 decks, no extra samples, nothing; just the 2 simple decks. But when I do remixes and mashups, I like to add samples in songs and I would love to be able to do that djing live. So there's where I don't know if I can stay with the S2 and the sample decks or the other 2 decks are necessary.
    You're going to want the S4 then. It's really not that big of a controller...
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

Get the S4. If you want a more modular setup more suitable for playing out, pick up an audio 2 or 6, X1 and maybe a mixer such as the new Z2.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

S4. You gain more than just two more mixer channels. You also gain extra cue point/remix deck buttons. No filter on S2 sealed the deal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Get the S4. If you want a more modular setup more suitable for playing out, pick up an audio 2 or 6, X1 and maybe a mixer such as the new Z2.
    You love your X1's don't ya??!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

'Tis a thing of beauty
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast