Help choosing a DJ Laptop!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Help choosing a DJ Laptop!!

Whatsup guys, first post so be gentle!
    Im in the market for a new laptop, first one actually.
    I need something stable, capable of running Traktor as well as being efficient in Ableton and Reason, etc.
    Ill also be using it for CAD, but thats off topic. The question at hand is just what laptop I am to get. Ive been really interested in HP Envy series for their dedicated cards, RAM, and i7 processor. But im not sure if theyre any good for DJing. Im not really into macbooks, so talking about them wont really sway me.
    Heres a link to the PCs Ive been looking at, my budget is 900 ish
    http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh...fig_id=7697372
    http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/sh...fig_id=7697508

If it prompts you for an email theyre saved under jokoboarder@comcast.net
    Thanks for any input guys, all suggestions are welcome.

Macbook ExtraPro
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

Welcom to the forum. I recently got a second hand dell inspiron i5 4g ram and it works flawlessly. This is a commonly asked question, so I would recommend doing some searching if you haven't yet. Many recommend the thinkpad and I've read some have had issues with windows 8.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

This one is a great value for what you get. There might be newer models that are of equal value. Been great for me.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by fitzyp View Post
    Macbook ExtraPro
    this

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

The one thing that strikes me with both those HP's is the mediocre resolution for a 15' something to consider highly if you are using CAD/Graphics software.

Apart from that the specs look fine and should run about anything

Quote Originally Posted by rkelley23 View Post
    this
    I thought that was the 15' retina

Tech Mentor

Dell Precision laptops... To date my favourite DJ machines - available with matte WUXGA displays, beastly dedicated GPU's, and up there amongst the best build quality laptops on the market.

Check them out.

Yeah I was considering going with the 1080 res. on the laptops, but i figured I wouldnt really ever be doing CAD on the go, so i could get a monitor to hookup to at home. Thanks for all the input guys! Much appreciated

Maybe it is smart to write down what you really want out of the laptop your about to purchase.

I'm also want to buy a new laptop. And, like you, not that into Mac and iOS. Or i thought i was.

What laptop (windows) is a Macbook Pro 15" retina killer? I can not find one that has the specs and dimensons of a MBP 15" retina.

First i search for a alternative but without succes. Then i went to the Apple store (stupid me) and took a look at the MBP 15" retina. And now i want one :-)

2.3 Ghz i7 processor
    8gig RAM
    255gig SSD
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M met 1 GB GDDR5-geheugen (maybe that is good for CAD?)

Dimensions:

H 18mm
    L 247mm
    B 358mm
    W 2,02kg

This combination of specs and dimension did it for me. And on top of that. The exterior is so stylish and looks professional.

Please be the first to say that i am absolutly wrong. Because the price is Apple's high :-( So suggestions are welcome.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Manolo008 View Post
    This combination of specs and dimension did it for me. And on top of that. The exterior is so stylish and looks professional.Please be the first to say that i am absolutly wrong. Because the price is Apple's high :-( So suggestions are welcome.
    I would still personally choose the Dell Precision over the MBP retina any day but they really aren't much cheaper than the MBP's. The WUXGA displays give you plenty of room, even if you use 4 decks and 4 effects in Traktor. But once again, this really just comes down to personal preference.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast