Mixtrack pro or Ddj ergo or traktor kontrol s2 or others? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by soundinsurgent712 View Post
    I would say check out the Stanton DJC4. Plenty of buttons and knobs and the jogs aren't to bad either. From my own experience though most controllers that aren't made for Traktor are pretty shitty when it comes to scratching. Yes you can adjust this or that but it just never quit seems good enough. So I would say if your gonna be using Traktor then buy a certified Traktor controller but if your going to be mainly using VDJ any controller will do as long as you have the FULL PRO version so you can download the registry tool and tweak your jogs. I use VDJ and every controller I've had (even the Mixtrack ) I've used the registry tool and had better results then with Traktor. Again this is my experience with Traktor and controllers......
    Does the traktor S2 work well with other softwares too? Checked out the DJC4, it is indeed a neat hardware.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by troopa View Post
    S2 is a step up in the sense that it is designed with traktor in mind. However you stated you are using vdj so I would suggest trying traktor before buying the S2 to see how you get on?
    Do you have any dj shops local you could see if they have any controllers on display.
    Nope dont think there are any shops that displays the gigs, there's one but they sell only pioneerDj products.

Tech Convert

Just did a couple more research on the Stanton DJC.4, hmm it certainly has a lot more features than the S2 but does it have a sensitive jog wheel compared to the traktor? Also, is the integrated audio interface in the DJC. 4 comparable to the S2 in terms of sound quality? What about midi latencies and control responsiveness?

the s2 is going to be better for scratching if you're into that for sure.
    but it only works with traktor as it is specifically made for traktor

The answer is easy.

Denon MC3000>

Metal construction
    Dedicated Filter
    Awesome sound
    An Input for emergencies

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Nebra View Post
    the s2 is going to be better for scratching if you're into that for sure.
    but it only works with traktor as it is specifically made for traktor
    Hmm I agree, but the traktor s2 lacks the extra controls and also the aux inputs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikefutbolero View Post
    The answer is easy.

Denon MC3000>

Metal construction
    Dedicated Filter
    Awesome sound
    An Input for emergencies
    Read in this article that the denon has lags making it difficult for scratching
    http://djworx.com/review-denon-mc-30...-controller/2/

Quote Originally Posted by lws803 View Post
    Hmm I agree, but the traktor s2 lacks the extra controls and also the aux inputs.

Read in this article that the denon has lags making it difficult for scratching
    http://djworx.com/review-denon-mc-30...-controller/2/
    Let's be real, if someone wants to learn to scratch, they're not going to go for a controller.

Tech Convert

Recently sold my S2 as I've moved to CDJs.

Would highly recommend, does exactly what you want it to do with tight loop/effect integration.

Used mine for UK festivals during the summer, and i didn't exactly take care of it (left it out in the rain once!) but it held up well apart from some minor flaking of the paint on the buttons.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Nikefutbolero View Post
    Let's be real, if someone wants to learn to scratch, they're not going to go for a controller.
    Fair point, in fact, I may consider getting a dj controller and 2 turntables to form a 4 deck setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
    Recently sold my S2 as I've moved to CDJs.

Would highly recommend, does exactly what you want it to do with tight loop/effect integration.

Used mine for UK festivals during the summer, and i didn't exactly take care of it (left it out in the rain once!) but it held up well apart from some minor flaking of the paint on the buttons.
    Hmm a cdj is kinda above my budget right now, I've heard one cdj can costs up to thousands and to create a setup with 2 of those would cost really too much as for now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12