extremely basic question - from the old school...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default extremely basic question - from the old school...

Quick question, that may be so basic it's unreal...

essentially been used to regular 2 x 1210s with gemini mixer, nothing spectacular, however would like to 'modernize'

question is - if one was to get hold of a stanton, say, djc4 or a Kontrol S2 unit, would i be able to connect 2 x turntables and use timecoded vinyl, or would i still have to buy a rane interface separately?

as i said, apologies if question is too too obvious, but would appreciate any thoughts.

cheers.

Yes you would still have to use the SSL interface. With TSP however you can use the S2 without a separate soundcard.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Just a side note, S2 always needs a computer.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Yes you would still have to use the SSL interface. With TSP however you can use the S2 without a separate soundcard.
    You mean the S4 surely? the S2 doesn't have audio inputs for the 1210's

S4 + Traktor DVS and ditch the Gemini mixer if you don't mind the needing the computer on all the time.

The Stanton DJC.4 will work as a standalone mixer but you'll need to upgrade to VDJ pro for DVS (or use mixxx)

TBH I think the S4 is a better option OR wait until the new Native instruments mixer thingy is revealed in a few days, I'm guessing it might just be perfect for you.

I bought the S4 to hook my 1210s up to but haven't because I don't want to have to use a computer to play my records. That might change if I get around to upgrading to TSP though.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I reckon I'd wait until this new NI mixer comes out before making a decision, I think it might be the perfect "best of both worlds" solution

I bought the S4 to hook my 1210s up to but haven't because I don't want to have to use a computer to play my records. That might change if I get around to upgrading to TSP though.

Did you forget to reply to the quote or does your situation precisely match mine?

spam bot i believe. But yeah, the new Traktor mixer (Z2 I believe?) it looks like it MIGHT be a game changer
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    I reckon I'd wait until this new NI mixer comes out before making a decision, I think it might be the perfect "best of both worlds" solution
    Only a few more weeks, I'd wait

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast