Mixtrack pro or Ddj ergo or traktor kontrol s2 or others?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Mixtrack pro or Ddj ergo or traktor kontrol s2 or others?

Planning to learn Dj and mixing, I have tried to play around with Vdj and I have grown to like it. Easy access to hot cues and effects would be best for my type of controller, scratching would be best too. Hmm which controller would be recommended? My budget is about $500 USD. I may be learning some scratching too. Heard that the Numark mixtrack pro has a sensitive jog wheel and is also good for professional Djs even though it is cheaper.

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=65163

There are 100+ threads asking the exact same question. Search everything. DJTT, google, youtube, craigslist, amazon.

I will tell you this - if you actually want to scratch buy turntables. Controllers and mixers are for mixing
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Emery View Post
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=65163

There are 100+ threads asking the exact same question. Search everything. DJTT, google, youtube, craigslist, amazon.

I will tell you this - if you actually want to scratch buy turntables. Controllers and mixers are for mixing
    Thanks for the pointer, yup I have actually researched on this, but still unsure what to go with.

Tech Convert

My mixtrack seems a bit plasticcy and the fader posts are very easy to bend, especially the pitch ones. Can't fault it's performance or sound output though. If you want to take it out and want it to last get something more expensive. Its pretty bulky too, wouldn't recommend it unless you're really on a budget.

Tech Wizard

I have a mixtrack and i would say imho..
    Its very good at what it does but as with anything you buy... buy the best you can afford and there are better controllers out there.
    As for scratching.... Yes the mixtrack can be used to scratch IF you can scratch, but for learning im afraid emery is right! use turntables.

Actually troopa you're right, I've seen shiftee scratch on an S4 better than a lot of actual scratch DJ's can on Turntables (way better than me). To learn you really should use turntables, but If you are already REALLY good you can scratch on controllers
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Tech Convert

Hmm good point, I guess it's better to learn scratching via turntables first. Hmm I'm actually considering the traktor s2, what are the advantages of it over mixtrack pro? Heard that the s2 is a step up from the mixtrack pro.

s2 is a leap above the mixtrack pro.
    the software it comes with, traktor, would also be better for scratching and since the s2 is made for it it's very tightly integrated so it will be on point.
    still plastic, but a more solid build imo
    and lots of different mappings to choose from as its such a popular controller

Tech Wizard

S2 is a step up in the sense that it is designed with traktor in mind. However you stated you are using vdj so I would suggest trying traktor before buying the S2 to see how you get on?
    Do you have any dj shops local you could see if they have any controllers on display.

I would say check out the Stanton DJC4. Plenty of buttons and knobs and the jogs aren't to bad either. From my own experience though most controllers that aren't made for Traktor are pretty shitty when it comes to scratching. Yes you can adjust this or that but it just never quit seems good enough. So I would say if your gonna be using Traktor then buy a certified Traktor controller but if your going to be mainly using VDJ any controller will do as long as you have the FULL PRO version so you can download the registry tool and tweak your jogs. I use VDJ and every controller I've had (even the Mixtrack ) I've used the registry tool and had better results then with Traktor. Again this is my experience with Traktor and controllers......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast