PETITION for WINDOWS 8 Support for MF Utility

Default PETITION for WINDOWS 8 Support for MF Utility

So I wanted to start a petition to get support for WINDOWs 8 for the utility.

We want the rest of the firmware not just the freezing at 40%.

So please show your support for getting WINDOWS 8 Supported

Christopher J. White

PS dont postif your not going to sign this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

REALLY? no one is going to support this?
    confession time: I clicked on this thread only because my dirty mind made a connection between "6 analogues and 14 digitals" and "2 girls 1 cup".
    Setup: VAI-40, Nanokey2, APC20, Ableton, (Shit ton of VST), TP2, DN SC2000, LPD8 (RIP) MF3D (with custom Mapping FX for ableton for Turnado and Artillary2 (ill release it when its been perfected.) PM me if interested in the mapping or helping me with it.

+1 I guess i'll be forced to use Win 8 when i get a new laptop
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

how about we start a petition for Microsoft to stop coming up with yet another un-needed version of windows.

What was exactly wrong with XP?
    it all went downhill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by antifmradio View Post
    how about we start a petition for Microsoft to stop coming up with yet another un-needed version of windows.

What was exactly wrong with XP?
    it all went downhill from there.
    I agree.

But thats not the point. The point is. IM SOL to performing live dubstep until I can get access to a WIN 8 version. IM back to CDJs

+1 Signed

because i know eventually i will end up getting a machine that is windows 8
    GOD i hope i can convert to mac by then

quick question ChrisW
    i dont have Windows 8 but i would imagine there is a method of running programs on it, that will operate as if you were running windows 7.
    For example

"Rightclick a shortcut on your desktop"
    see a list of options:

Run As Administrator
    Run as Windows 7 vrs (Run program as if this is windows 7 )

Tech Convert

+1

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hi All,

Sorry to be slow on replying to this, I can understand your frustration with the lack of windows 8 compatibility for some features.

To clarify,

1) As a class compliant USB Midi Device the Midi Fighter itself is compatible with Windows 8

2) The only broken feature is firmware update, this requires now a signed driver installation.

My best recommendation in the mean time is to find some one with a computer you can use for 10 minutes, download the utility, update the firmware and you are good to go, you can then use the utility on your windows 8 machine to configure any settings.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hey ChrisW

I have PM'd you